“A Birthday dinner to remember.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Bear Cafe

Black Bear Cafe
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An authentic Irish pub in the heart of the Lakes Region. Created in the spirit of country pubs in southern Ireland, the owner, from Waterford, Ireland, assures us that the tradition and ambiance of a true 'public house' is presented to each guest that visits 'the Bear." The staff are each trained to pour a perfect pint, great food is delivered from the tiny kitchen, including local favorites like Fish 'n Chips, steaks, salads, seafood, burgers, and amazing desserts. Ask your server about vegetarian and gluten free options too.
NEWTON MA.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Birthday dinner to remember.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

AUG 27 2013 , My family and I entered this roadside cafe for a sitdown dinner not consisting of campfire weenies and burnt marshmallows. We were greeted and sat immediately . The menu's homemade, as was all the Great food we ate this night "THE BEST FISH N CHIP IN YEARS" Needless to say we returned 2 nights later with freinds for a night of music performed by the CELTIC CLAN and their exceptional food and hospitality.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BBCMamaBear, Owner at Black Bear Cafe, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Wow, thank you for your great review and thank you so very much for choosing to dine with us twice while visiting our beautiful lakes region. Our team is thrilled to read your feedback and we appreciate the time you took to make our day. For sure we'll share this with Celtic Clan as well as we too enjoy their performances. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back when you are visiting Naples in the future.

Natick, Massachusetts
“Consistently outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been to the Black Bear Cafe many times over the past 6 years and I am always pleased
with the quality of the food and the service my family has received. This place is a gem and I make a point of returning every time I am in the Naples area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BBCMamaBear, Owner at Black Bear Cafe, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you most sincerely and thank you so much for choosing to dine with us here at the Black Bear. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back when you are visiting Naples in the future. Thank you again.
Concord, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A summer visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Dropped in the BBC with the family after returning from northern Maine on the way back to NH. This was my third visit with my family. It had been a great oasis the last two visits and this one did not disappoint. We started with mussels, a family dine out tradition, fresh and great. My son and daughter had the BB burger and fish and chips , my wife the caesar's salad and I had the summer shepherds pie. Mine was delicious and the three other reports were just as good. The service was great, the Irish-American atmosphere welcoming, and everything was well presented and timely. The owner came over at one point and checked with our table to make sure we were satisfied with the experience. We were, very much so! We'll be back again BBC. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BBCMamaBear, Owner at Black Bear Cafe, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review and for choosing to dine with us. Our team is so delighted to read your feedback and we pass our sincere thanks to you for making our day. Indeed we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back when you find yourselves in Naples again.
Boxford, Massachusetts
“Definitely a favorite!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We own a little housekeeping cabin in Naples, and we've been watching the Black Bear Cafe grow and improve every year! The meals are all very tasty (twin filets, White pizza with feta and pineapple, Blue Burger and home made fries). I take all my summer visitors to the BBC for great food and wonderful warm atmosphere. Their Irish musicians are terrific.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BBCMamaBear, Owner at Black Bear Cafe, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Wow, thank you for your great review. We thank you for choosing to dine with us and for bringing your guests to the Black Bear. On behalf of the Black Bear team, we sincerely appreciate your show of confidence and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your guests back when you are visiting Naples in the future.
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Cullinary Gem in Naples Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have discovered a culinary gem in Naples Maine. The food is inventive, well prepared and tastes outstanding from the daily specials to the pub staples of fish and chips and burgers. I had their steak tenderloins the other night and our entire dinner party could not keep their forks out of my dinner - really rich flavors and prepared perfectly. The pizza is wonderful - we love the Black Bear Special on wheat crust - the best pizza I have ever had. My wife loves the scallops - they are always prepared perfectly with a rich set of flavors. The atmosphere is always welcoming and family friendly. They treat my son with great respect. When in Naples Maine - the Black Bear is a must for dinner.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW - what a review. Thank you most sincerely and thank you for choosing to dine with us here at the Black Bear. All on the team are thrilled to read your feedback and on their behalf I pass our sincere gratitude to you - you have made our day. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back when you are visiting Naples in the future.

Been to Black Bear Cafe? Share your experiences!