“Overpriced for this type of eating establishment”

Naples Lobster Pound
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My first time at this lobster pound. I was surprised that a lobster dinner is about what you pay at a nice restaurant such as Demillo's in Portland. It is a rustic atmosphere, picnic type tables and screened windows. OK, a fun thing, but you expect a little break in the price. Also surprised that the menu is a complete seafood menu, not just lobster. They also have a good kid's menu.

We arrived at 5:45pm on a Monday and only a few tables were filled. We got drinks promptly, but did not expect to wait so long for our meals. We were 4 adults and2 kids and waited over 45 minutes for our dinners. One of us ordered an appetizer so I don't know if that slowed the service, but I looked around and saw that tables that filled after we came in we're also waiting for their food.

When the dinners did arrive the food was not hot, and one of our party didn't get their dinner with the rest. One diner sent his food back to get hot food and his hot dinner came back with the missing entree (a lobster, normal size). My fried clams were whole belly as advertised, but smaller than usual in other restaurants. They tasted good, but are best hot and arrived lukewarm. Unfortunately, the cole slaw also arrived room temperature. We did not get refills on water and requested beer arrived slowly. Perhaps they need extra help?

There are many restaurants in the area where you can get lobster and seafood, and my next visit will not be to this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Naples Lobster Pound

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have gone here every year and were excited for this visit. What a disappointment. Lobster prices are at an all time low (you can get them at the grocery store for 4.99 a pound) and the lobster dinner here, which comes with a vegetable and potato, is still 18.99. OK, the price is the same, but the lobster is going to be a lot bigger, right? Well, I hoped so, but it was smaller than it has ever been. I know times are hard, but lister Lobster Pound, if you sell a stellar product your customers will continue to come back. This customer will not. I know we can only come once a year, but now I cannot imagine driving out to this place again. What a rip off and a disappointment. The only highlight was our waitress, Savannah, who was sweet, polite, attentive, and did a great job. Too bad she has to serve this embarrassing 3/4 lb $19 dollar dinner. Also, my daughter ordered the mixed vegetables to go with hers, and they were definitely from a frozen bag or a can. Are you kidding? Vegetables litter this state--I have had the best tomatoes in my life. Why can't they get fresh green beans and zucchini or something? So, so disappointed.

1  Thank mprice1963
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Always an annual stop for us this place provides a fun atmosphere with yummy lobster. Be prepared to wait for a table most nights plus it is often very warm in the restaurant. A true Maine experience!

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The lobster pound special is the way to go! It's usually around $28 per person and comes with steamers/or fried clams, chowder, veggie choice , potato choice, lobster, ice cream and drink. I've been going my whole life and its the quintessential Maine experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We always stop here when we are on vacation during the summer. They are opened from around July 1 thru Labor day. The lobster pound is owned by local school teachers who employ many great student athletes. The lobster clam bake special is a great value, you get clam chowder, fried clams as an appetizer (as many clams as a dinner serving),boiled lobster, choice of potato, vegetable, ice cream for dessert, and a beverage for one reasonable price. The fried fish is also very good. It can get very busy on weekend nights so try to go earlier. The restaurant is also not air conditioned, but you are eating at a lobster pound, so dress accordingly. The service is always fast and all of the servers have great attitudes and a smile.

1  Thank Disney_Traveler_9

Been to Naples Lobster Pound? Share your experiences!