“Such a bummer”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have gone here every year and were excited for this visit. What a disappointment. Lobster prices are at an all time low (you can get them at the grocery store for 4.99 a pound) and the lobster dinner here, which comes with a vegetable and potato, is still 18.99. OK, the price is the same, but the lobster is going to be a lot bigger, right? Well, I hoped so, but it was smaller than it has ever been. I know times are hard, but lister Lobster Pound, if you sell a stellar product your customers will continue to come back. This customer will not. I know we can only come once a year, but now I cannot imagine driving out to this place again. What a rip off and a disappointment. The only highlight was our waitress, Savannah, who was sweet, polite, attentive, and did a great job. Too bad she has to serve this embarrassing 3/4 lb $19 dollar dinner. Also, my daughter ordered the mixed vegetables to go with hers, and they were definitely from a frozen bag or a can. Are you kidding? Vegetables litter this state--I have had the best tomatoes in my life. Why can't they get fresh green beans and zucchini or something? So, so disappointed.

1  Thank mprice1963

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Always an annual stop for us this place provides a fun atmosphere with yummy lobster. Be prepared to wait for a table most nights plus it is often very warm in the restaurant. A true Maine experience!

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The lobster pound special is the way to go! It's usually around $28 per person and comes with steamers/or fried clams, chowder, veggie choice , potato choice, lobster, ice cream and drink. I've been going my whole life and its the quintessential Maine experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We always stop here when we are on vacation during the summer. They are opened from around July 1 thru Labor day. The lobster pound is owned by local school teachers who employ many great student athletes. The lobster clam bake special is a great value, you get clam chowder, fried clams as an appetizer (as many clams as a dinner serving),boiled lobster, choice of potato, vegetable, ice cream for dessert, and a beverage for one reasonable price. The fried fish is also very good. It can get very busy on weekend nights so try to go earlier. The restaurant is also not air conditioned, but you are eating at a lobster pound, so dress accordingly. The service is always fast and all of the servers have great attitudes and a smile.

1  Thank Disney_Traveler_9
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Just as I remember it. A visit to the Lobster Pound in Naples is always on my list of must visits.