“Out of Business”

Village Side Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the building that formerly housed Sydney's Restaurant. The Village Side Restaurant and Pub opened on July 4th of 2012. The Village Side Restaurant features fresh Maine seafood and certified beef. Daily specials are available. The Village Side is family friendly and features a kid menu for diners under 12 years old.
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out of Business”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

THis restaurant closed this past summer and will be converted to a Dunkin Donuts. Whiel it was in business the food ran either very good or horrible.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ronald T

New York City
“Best Restaurant In The Area”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Don't get thrown off by the decor. The decor is sort of generic roadside restaurant. The food, however, is exceptional. Transfer this quality of food to an upscale restaurant in Manhattan, and you would be impressed. We ate here 5-6 times, and each time we were impressed with the quality of the food.

1 Thank FarVistas
“3 strikes you are out”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Been to restaurant 3 times. 1st time the hostess apologized at least 10 times for the extremely slow/poor service food was good so we chalked it up to being early in the season. 2nd time again poor service- once seated we had to wait for menus as they evidently did not have enough and we had to wait for other guests to be done with them-food okay so we decide to try one more time. Third time was abysmal. Ordered a tap beer sorry taps not working ordered a specialty drink sorry we are out of ingredients. Ordered meals- after waiting 10 minutes my 6 year old had to ask for bread- meals came. I said we never got our salads - asked if we wanted them now. I said no just take off the bill. I was told well they are free - I insisted they do something waitress very annoyed said I will see what we can do. We were near the kitchen and could hear her complaint about us- at end of meal she stated salad is valued a $2 each so we gave you one kids meal free-again with the "free" explanation when in actuality we did not get anything for FREE. Waitress never apologized not did manager ever one over. As for the meals they were horrible- baked seafood platter was cd and dried out-jumbo fried shrimp are actually Maine shrimp which are usually tasty but dry out when fried- the shrimp dish also had some other fried object in it which was obviously left over in the fry-o-later from a previous order. The stuffed shrimp had about a pound of cold globs of "seafood" stuffing- which had little to no seafood in it-piled on top. Still gave a 15% tip (less than my usual 20-25%) but for the service and food dry generous - Again it was obvious this annoyed the waitress. I have never reviewed a restaurant before but these guys just really pissed us off where there extremely poor food, poor service and nasty attitude.

3 Thank Kihei1234
Windham, Maine
“Not good.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited this restaurant with family recently and have nothing good to say. The restaurant was dirty, the decor was incredibly outdated, and the food was AWFUL and way over-priced! Their cheeseburgers arrive swimming in a puddle of grease, not edible! The baked stuffed haddock tasted like salt, they advertise the stuffing as having crab and shrimp in it, all I got was an entire box worth of Ritz crackers with some peppers and onions. It was so salty, and drenched in butter, that I couldn't eat it. The salad was old and the dressing was supposed to be bleu cheese, but it looked more like cottage cheese with black pepper in it, and one small taste confirmed it certainly wasn't bleu cheese. Even the kids wouldn't finish their meals!
I think they need to hire new staff and especially new cooks. I've never had such a gross experience at a restaurant. I can't understand any of these positive reviews after what we experienced!

2 Thank Will R
Stowe, Vermont
“Great lobster! Great staff!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place is great. Good food, good prices . The twin lazyman lobster is a steal. Awsome bread. Genuine staff. Check it out !!!