“Wonderful food and staff”
Review of Village Side Restaurant - CLOSED

Village Side Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the building that formerly housed Sydney's Restaurant. The Village Side Restaurant and Pub opened on July 4th of 2012. The Village Side Restaurant features fresh Maine seafood and certified beef. Daily specials are available. The Village Side is family friendly and features a kid menu for diners under 12 years old.
Kittery, Maine
“Wonderful food and staff”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We ended up at this restaurant after church as it was close by so thought we would give it a try. It was a wonderful choice. My husband and I both had the Turkey Dinner special served on Sundays. The turkey was right off the bird, stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy were superb. Nothing was salty and it was all homemade. We both felt it was the best turkey dinner we both have had in a very long time. We can't wait to go back and try other dishes. It is so wonderful to finally have someplace to go that serves quality food in the lakes region area with reasonable prices.

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“we loved it !”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We can not wait to go back. everything we had was fantastic. Its about time to finally go out to dinner and be toatally satisfied. I had the pan seared salmon.it was to die for. My husband had the prime rib.....loved it. homemade apple pie Amazing ! The service was as good as the food, Our new favorite place. Thankyou.

• Visited September 2012
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Started Well, Ended Disappointed”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Started our visit off with great service and wonderful apps. Salad was great and than it all went south! I ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu and it appeared to be fried chicken fingers with ham and cheese sauce between them with a gravy on top!!! Very dry and flavorless! Husband had Prime Rib and he did enjoy it. It was cooked well and came to the table hot.
Decor was lacking, I guess they were in a rush to open and get some of the summer buisness before it fades away. But, it does feel cold and does not make you want to stick around. Almost gave the impression that if they could close shop overnight if things don't work out.
I would have to say, until I read some positive reviews or get better feedback from friends who have dined there I would not return.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank 2Good2Bme
Halifax, Massachusetts
“Good experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went on a recommendation and were not disappointed. The food was very well presented and the people working at the restaurant were terrific and seemed to be enjoying themselves.