“Yummy lobster roll! Best fries!”

The Galley Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: A small local family owned business featuring Maine favorites and elevated pub fare. We're famous for our variety of 1/3 lb, fresh, tail knuckle and claw, Maine Lobster Rolls, but if seafood isn't you're thing, we've got amazing 1/2 lb Angus Burgers, Jumbo Wings, 24 Draft Beers, a full bar, and plenty more! Most of our seating is booth style (6ppl) seating, so larger parties beware, you may have to sit separately, unless, weather permitting, we have our outdoor patio available where we have larger tables. Join us for our weekly trivia game on Wednesday nights (8pm during summer, 7pm the rest of the year) and you're sure to win great prizes like movie tickets, beer swag, gift certificates and more! Stay tuned to our Facebook Page for up-to-date specials and events.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Unlike the previous reviewer, I did eat here. I love when people give 1 star reviews because they didn't fell like waiting. Patience is a virtue. Anyway, I loved my lobster roll and fries. While I don't agree w/ Adam Richman (Man vs. Food fame) about the Galley having the best lobster roll in the USA, I do agree that it was really good. I thought the french fries were the best that I have ever had. Go figure. I only give this place 4 out of 5 stars because $56 for 2 lobster rolls w/ 2 fountain sodas and tip for lunch is a little steep. Other than that, it was a great meal.

2  Thank Justin H

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Closed on Mondays. Stopped in Tuesday at 7:45 only to be greeted " we can seat you (party of 2) but it will take an hour to get your food ". What I hear is, "we are unorganized and that salad you want you will never get and you will leave dissatisfied". Well, I left not happy and probably will not return. Never in my entire adult life have I ever been greeted like that at any restaurant. We went next door to the #1 restaurant on TA.

2  Thank gheath1369
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We are here on a family vacation and it is always difficult to go out to dinner where our sons can eat. Their allergies to peanuts and tree nuts make it testing and nerve racking. We entered this restaurant and the waitress and cook were there to answer any questions and requests we had to ensure the safety of our sons. They were extremely friendly and willing to assist. We appreciate it extremely. Thank you to the staff. We will recommend and return. The food was fabulous.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

For whatever reason this restaurant in vacation area no longer seats parties larger than 6 for dinner but couldn't explain why some groups were allowed while others not. Our group of 7 friends was told we needed to split into two groups to dine there. Since options are limited in Naples we chose to stay but the handling by management was poor. We offered to eat outside on the patio at a table set for 8 and we're told it was closed and they were not serving out there .. Yet 10 minutes after our group split parties were seated out there and a group of 8 was seated together .. There were two other large groups eating in the dining room ( a 7 and an 8) and the only thing the very dismissive hostess would tell us is that one group sat before 6 and the others had kids in the group .. Then she walked away .. Thank goodness the food is good - crab or lobster rolls for $10 - fresh and yummy ... Awesome shrimp cocktail - 15 large shrimp for $12 and great chowder. We've also had the scallop and bacon pizza .. Yum !

I just hope some day they get consistent on their messages to patrons .. We never did find out why they were closed on Sunday for dinner when the sign lists their hours as open ...but maybe they only like the locals who filled the bar !

We ate here last year and loved it - don't know why they made these changes but we'll think twice before going back to surly service by the hostess ... BTW - our waitress was ok but we felt unwanted by that time ...

2  Thank deedeesaz
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have a nearby cottage and have visited several times. The food is great but with wait times of 45 minutes to an hour from order to food arrival it is becoming harder to justify returning. Twice in the last 3 weeks I have tried to take family and friends and was told an hour to be seated and an hour after that for food - at least they were honest but that is just plain bad service. I hope they can figure out how to fix this because it is good food but nothing is worth that kind of wait and aggravation.