“Fantastic Lobster Rolls”

The Galley Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: A small local family owned business featuring Maine favorites and elevated pub fare. We're famous for our variety of 1/3 lb, fresh, tail knuckle and claw, Maine Lobster Rolls, but if seafood isn't you're thing, we've got amazing 1/2 lb Angus Burgers, Jumbo Wings, 24 Draft Beers, a full bar, and plenty more! Most of our seating is booth style (6ppl) seating, so larger parties beware, you may have to sit separately, unless, weather permitting, we have our outdoor patio available where we have larger tables. Join us for our weekly trivia game on Wednesday nights (8pm during summer, 7pm the rest of the year) and you're sure to win great prizes like movie tickets, beer swag, gift certificates and more! Stay tuned to our Facebook Page for up-to-date specials and events.
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We love Lobster rolls, and not being from New England, we don't get a chance to eat them often. Yes, there are a lot of places on the east coast and southeast coast that make them, but they are twice the price for half the flavor. The only places we've found that knows how to do it are in New England. And there's nothing like a Maine lobster roll.

We stayed in Maine for a month and we had lobster rolls several times a week until we started growing our own carapaces. The Galley makes some of the best!

We actually saw Adam Richman's show and this was a place he visited, so we drove out about an hour for dinner and a few beers. It was fantastic.

We went on a night that it wasn't very busy, so we can;t speak for the normal staff service on normal busy nights, but when we were there, the staff was very friendly and the food service took as long as it should.

We'll be back every time we are in the area, which we hope is often!

There are newer reviews for The Galley Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed April 15, 2014

In a town of overpriced drinks and food, The Galley offers fresh seafood (all fried, none grilled) and reasonable drink prices (other food choices available). Lobster rolls and soups are particularly good. Service has always been great but every season is different so will see what 2014 brings.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Drove the 150 miles from Bangor just to try the Lobster Rolls after seeing The Galley Restaurant & Pub on Adam Richman. Went early in the day, not nearly as busy as some of the other reviews - Maybe I just used common sense and called ahead. This place is nestled in the back parking lot of a gas station but do not let the entry fool you, this place rocks. Ordered the Zesty Lemon Lobster Rolls for 2 and a side. The fries alone might have been worth the drive.

As for complaints I have read from some people regarding the service, my response to them is this. If you want to pay someone to kiss your butt, go somewhere else. If you want the best Lobster Roll in a casual environment stop in and order one up.

1  Thank tbmn
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Visiting the area I grew up many years ago, I was looking a place to take my mom for lobster. They did not disappoint. At least six different options, and I went with the twin lobster roll. Hot with butter and cold with spicy mayonnaise. The lobster meat was tail and claw, and seemed like a whole lobster. Will definitely return on my next visit.

1  Thank MikeM0418
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I ate at The Galley several times over this past summer, and agree that they make an excellent lobster roll. But there are other places in the area that make an excellent lobster roll, and where customers are valued and treated well by the management. My husband and I were visiting Naples last weekend for a wedding, and a large group of us (about 16) decided to have lunch there together on Saturday afternoon. When we arrived, the restaurant was not crowded, but the hostess told us that they could not accomodate a party of our size because we hadn't called ahead. We offered to split up into four tables of four and were still turned down. The hostess unpleasantly told us that "it was only common courtesy" to have called ahead, suggesting that not only would she not serve us, but that it was rude of us to have come without calling ahead. I understand if the restaurant was concerned about what kind of service it could provide if it were understaffed that day, but the message should have been delivered in a less hostile way. As I was the one who had recommended this restaurant to the group, how I was spoken to was quite embarrassing to me. After some persuasion by one of the other members of our group, we were ultimately seated at four separate tables. But after we had waited a while, the hostess again came over to reprimand us, and told us we'd be waiting at least another 90 minutes. We ended up leaving before ordering, and went up the road to another restaurant I've enjoyed in the past. Although they were equally understaffed and unprepared for a group of our size, they welcomed us, treated us with good humor and respect, and brought us drinks and appetizers while they undertook the task of preparing all of our lunches (including some excellent lobster rolls). If the owners of the Galley want to succeed in the long term, they need to learn how to treat their customers, even when they're stressed. Until then, I will not be back.

3  Thank Vicki F

Been to The Galley Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!