“Unbelievable Lobster Rolls ”

The Galley Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: A small local family owned business featuring Maine favorites and elevated pub fare. We're famous for our variety of 1/3 lb, fresh, tail knuckle and claw, Maine Lobster Rolls, but if seafood isn't you're thing, we've got amazing 1/2 lb Angus Burgers, Jumbo Wings, 24 Draft Beers, a full bar, and plenty more! Most of our seating is booth style (6ppl) seating, so larger parties beware, you may have to sit separately, unless, weather permitting, we have our outdoor patio available where we have larger tables. Join us for our weekly trivia game on Wednesday nights (8pm during summer, 7pm the rest of the year) and you're sure to win great prizes like movie tickets, beer swag, gift certificates and more! Stay tuned to our Facebook Page for up-to-date specials and events.
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Visiting the area I grew up many years ago, I was looking a place to take my mom for lobster. They did not disappoint. At least six different options, and I went with the twin lobster roll. Hot with butter and cold with spicy mayonnaise. The lobster meat was tail and claw, and seemed like a whole lobster. Will definitely return on my next visit.

1  Thank MikeM0418

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I ate at The Galley several times over this past summer, and agree that they make an excellent lobster roll. But there are other places in the area that make an excellent lobster roll, and where customers are valued and treated well by the management. My husband and I were visiting Naples last weekend for a wedding, and a large group of us (about 16) decided to have lunch there together on Saturday afternoon. When we arrived, the restaurant was not crowded, but the hostess told us that they could not accomodate a party of our size because we hadn't called ahead. We offered to split up into four tables of four and were still turned down. The hostess unpleasantly told us that "it was only common courtesy" to have called ahead, suggesting that not only would she not serve us, but that it was rude of us to have come without calling ahead. I understand if the restaurant was concerned about what kind of service it could provide if it were understaffed that day, but the message should have been delivered in a less hostile way. As I was the one who had recommended this restaurant to the group, how I was spoken to was quite embarrassing to me. After some persuasion by one of the other members of our group, we were ultimately seated at four separate tables. But after we had waited a while, the hostess again came over to reprimand us, and told us we'd be waiting at least another 90 minutes. We ended up leaving before ordering, and went up the road to another restaurant I've enjoyed in the past. Although they were equally understaffed and unprepared for a group of our size, they welcomed us, treated us with good humor and respect, and brought us drinks and appetizers while they undertook the task of preparing all of our lunches (including some excellent lobster rolls). If the owners of the Galley want to succeed in the long term, they need to learn how to treat their customers, even when they're stressed. Until then, I will not be back.

3  Thank Vicki F
Reviewed September 27, 2013

After recommending this restaurant to many friends, one who had complained to me of a similar experience told me about Vicki F's review and the owner's response. It all sounded familiar, so I read both and realized I was there when Vicki F's complaint took place. I've always enjoyed this restaurant but agree the service can be slow. The wait staff is unfailingly polite, but management can be stressed and defensive. I witnessed much of Vicki F's experience and can confirm that there were plenty of tables available. The bar had a fair number of people, but anyone coming in to sit would think the restaurant was fairly empty. Certainly, it can't be a good idea to to tell a customer that they were rude for showing up without prior notice. A better plan might be to just let them know the situation and offer to get them some drinks and snacks while they wait.

4  Thank Honeycomb25
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and are frequent diners at this place. The lobsters rolls rock especially the lemon pepper although i must admit the summer roll with avocado is pretty good also. I also really enjoy the shellfish. The wait time for a table can be annoying and long especially peak times at weekends. If you have a group over 4 I would avoid these times or try and go mid afternoon later in the evening if you . The staff do their best but the wait times are not always well communicated.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

To say we dropped the ball would be an understatement! On our way home from vacation, we decided to stop for lunch at The Galley. If you are not looking for this place, you will miss it! It is nestled behind a gas station and a convenience store.
The facility is a little on the small side with indoor and outdoor seating. I had to laugh out loud at their welcome sign, which read something like "It is summertime, of course we are crowded". Lunch guests filed in, my cousin and I placed our families orders...Nothing too crazy....Mozz sticks (the kids loved them)...The buffalo shrimp appetizer was TO DIE FOR! I was shocked at how large the shrimp were and how generous the portion was! Even the sauce they gave for dipping was delish!

Next came the Lobster Rolls...because that is one of the 2 reasons to visit Maine...The beauty of the state and the lobster! We shared the BLT lobster rolls, the original lobster rolls and the lemon pepper lobster rolls, all on sweet toasted buns! Each bite was a party in our mouths! The lemon pepper was my favorite and apparently "Man vs Food's Adam Rich" agrees. When he called it the best lobster roll in the nation, he was not joking!

The menu had a great variety of dishes, all of which sounded so good! Quesadillas, pizzas, seafood, burgers...too much to list. Everything that went by us, on its way to the ordering customers smelled wonderful! A really large selection of tap and bottled beer complimented the menu!

The staff was so friendly that they almost took the pain out of the 40 minute wait for our food (the only complaint we could muster!...but it was soooo worth the wait!)

We can not wait to return next year for dinner!