“our favorite for fried sea food”
Review of Jake's Seafood - CLOSED

Jake's Seafood
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Jakes Seafood has closed for business. After 30 years it is time to retire. We would like to thank our family, friends, and customers for all of your support. It was a wonderful run.
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We love Jake's !! The fried sea food always tastes so clean. You know .. 'cause the oil obviously always clean. And, portions are big. My husband and I most always share a large seafood platter. Service is quick, even when crowded. If it is really busy we sometimes get it to go and eat down on the beach. Actually, the breakfast is good too. Yes, we are locals .. and we keep coming back.

Reviewed May 29, 2009

Good but too expensive- c'mon Jake's ...where do you get your prices? I love the fried clams and home made onion rings - but will go elsewhere unles the price comes down. Sorry.

1  Thank melisande
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Great fish and chips.... casual restaurant, nothing fancy, but that's part of the charm. Always go for lunch when in town.

Reviewed February 25, 2009

I'm wondering if the people complaining about this joint were expecting a sophisticated seafood experience?

Jake's is hugely casual, essentially fast food, but don't get me wrong... its a great little spot for breakfast or lunch. The few times I've eaten there, the fish and chips were great and the fish generously out-weighed the batter? They also have great clam strips and onion rings.

I recommend!

Reviewed October 13, 2008

My wife and I went to Jake's Seafood Sunday afternoon 10-12-2008 and ordered 6 Clam Cakes $12.78 for a quick snack. They looked a bit on the dark brown side, like it was time to change the grease in the deep fryer type of look. We started to eat and it was almost all breading, I did see 1 piece of clam when I broke one in half. They had no clam flavor, they had a greasy flavor and the grease soaked bag proved me right. We won't be going back to Jake's, because it's just a greasy rip off !!

Jim & Cheryl