“Annual Fried Food Indulgence”
Review of Jake's Seafood

Jake's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Moody
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Jake's Seafood is a casual, family style restaurant one mile from the Wells/Moody beach. It is know for fried clams, homemade onion rings and lobster rolls. Dine in or take out available. Off season we have daily specials of homemade soups and sandwiches in addition to our regular menu. We offer many gluten free options. We also carry a full line of old-fashioned ice-cream delights.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Jake's is a must if you love fried clams. This is a once-a-year "oh, what the hell" lunch indulgence that consists of their fabulous whole fried clams, onion rings, and French fries. A gastronomic highlight of our annual summer vacation in different parts of Maine. Jake's is in the Wells-Moody-Ogunquit area of southernmost Maine just over the New Hampshire border. I would come here from anywhere to have the fried clams! Yes, they have a great variety of other selections, as well, but I can only vouch for the clams...as I am sure you can tell by now. Indoor and outdoor seating and if ice cream for dessert is your thing, Jake's will not disappoint.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great seafood for a decent price. We were looking for somewhere to grab a bite with 3 tired children, and after going past everywhere that had long lines, we settled on Jake's. The food was good and we all enjoyed our meals. The chowder was a little on the thin side, but was decent.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had some fried clams and salad which were great good portions not very expensive. Lobster stew was not the best in the area but the clam chowder was good

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have been going to the Well's area for years, driving by Jake's often. My daughter wanted to try something different without the big restaurant feel so we stopped in and now will always stop anytime we are up that way.

The food was very good, loved the warm buttered lobster roll. You can't find those anywhere and people look at you funny when asking for it, so this is a huge plus for me.

The kids had burgers, chicken fingers and fries, all was very good.

The place was pretty clean and the staff was friendly. We ate inside this day as it was about to rain, but next time may opt for outdoor seating or just takeout as it can get crowded.

Don't make the same mistake I did for years, don't just drive by, its a must try!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was referred to Jake's for breakfast by the woman at the reception desk at my hotel. She told me it's a local favorite, and I can see why. Very friendly service, and exceptional blueberry pancakes. Light and fluffy and filled with blueberries.