“Go to the Rinky Dinky Mini Golf Place down the street; at least you won't be harrased”

Wonder Mountain Fun Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Moody
More attraction details
Owner description: Two 18-hole Miniature Golf Courses, Arcade, Human Maze
Nashua, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just a few weeks ago, we had a wonderful seafood dinner at the "fishermans catch" also in Wells, and figured we would cap the great day in Maine off with some fun mini golfing, right? Wrong!!! I've never been more furious with the way a business operates in my life. Here was the situation...It was 7:30 pm, there were six in our group and as we approached the kids at the front window they seemed nice enough. We each paid $10 a ticket, they gave us our putters, balls, and we were on our way. It's not often we all have a chance to be together like this so we were haveing a great time. I kid you not maybe 15-20 mins later some girl that works there yells to us from a distance and says "excuse me can you guys please split up into two groups to move along faster, we're closing up right now." I couldn't believe what I was hearing, luckily my uncle spoke up and was nice about it and said ok. So this got me a little upset, as here we are, pefectly good paying customers at $10 a peice, and no one told us at the counter they were closing up at 8pm. (Which who the heck does that on a nice night???) So I shook it off and tried not to let it bother me too much but my family was feeling rushed now and it definetly killed the mood a bit. So anyways, we continued to play not worrying too much because we didn't want to let it ruin our time. Then I really couldn't beleive my eyes when another boy who works there comes up and tells us again that they are now closed and we need to speed up. I got really heated at this point and I said " No, we will not hurry up, this is abosoluetly rediculous, we're paying customers and you guys are rushing us the whole entire time, I'd like our money back." He responded by saying " we don't give money back." I then said "ok, let me talk to your manager" The kid then was talking back to me, which you should never do to a customer and said "He's not going to come talk to you" I will admit I got a little loud and stern at this point and demanded him to get the owner, I was absoluetly furious at this point.
So what do you know, about 5 min. later out walks the owner. I'll be honest with you and say that the owner was respectful and polite enough about the situation. He explained that it was the kids fault up front at the windows for not explaining that they were closing up shortly. He then allowed us to take our time and finish up the course. But here is where the owner went wrong...it was too late for us, our time had already been ruined and we were rushed the whole entire time. What kind of fun is that?! The owner didn't give us any incentive to ever come back. The proper way to handle the situation would have been, "I'm very sorry that my employees did not mention we were closing up, I imagine it ruined your time here tonight at our course, please let me offer you some free tickets for the next time you visit and I ensure it will be more pleasurable." Something like that would of made all the difference but we were not offered anything. Honestly, it was a waste of money. I just paid 60 bucks for my family to mini golf and all we left with was a pissed off attitude and a group consensus that we will never spend our money at this place again. I don't care how nice it is, that's not the right way to run a business. If you don't want to wait around for customers to finish their mini golf because your closed then don't sell us freaking tickets at all!!! Bottom line is, if your going to make a sale to your customers then dont bug them to finish up. Here is a hint, if you're that impatient with your business then you should STOP selling tickets after a certain time to allow people to finish their games with out being rushed. Who the heck likes to play mini golf when the employees are all harrassing you to finish up because they want to get home and the owner dosen't like staying later then he has to. Very poorly run and managed, it was a very dissapointing end to what was a great day/evening to say the least. As my subject line says, I'd rather of taken my money to the rinkey dinkey place down the street where at least we wouldn't of been harrased to hurry up and finish after paying to play.

Visited June 2013
12 Thank Joshua H

Burlington, Vermont
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Always a great time! Mini golf is perfect, friendly staff, had a super fun time in the maze! Nice arcade, a few broken machine's this visit, but overall a great experience.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank RC2003
Brookfield, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Family fun on Route 1”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

On a recent family trip, or teenage nephews requested a mini-golf trip on our last day in Maine. We chose Wonder Mountain more or less based on the view from the road, and we were not disappointed.

There are two courses to choose from -- we took the easy course with our preschool daughter, and the teenage nephews took the difficult one. We both had fun and enjoyed a variety of standard mini-golf holes. We then hit the arcade and let the kids loose with a handful of tokens each -- they ended up winning 1500 tickets and bringing home a skateboard.

For a place to entertain both our teenage nephews and our preschool daughter for a couple hours so effectively, I have to give a positive review. I'm sure we'll stop by again and check out the maze sometime.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank NewEnglandDave
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Mini Golf around”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Wonder Mountain's creative multi course "mountain" is a pleasure for both old and young.The maze is also very fun.Only downside is that it costs a few dollars more than the one down the road, but it's more than worth it.

2 Thank lvrotsos
Brewster, Massachusetts
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Challenging golf course”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My daughter and I played a round of mini golf on the challenging course one cloudy morning on our vacation in the York/Ogunquit area. Nice course, love the cave hole. We live on Cape Cod so are kind of used to a plethora of mini golf courses, but Wonder Mountain stood out as one of the nicest courses we have ever played. The arcade though was pretty much a rip off. That was our only disappointment. And at ten bucks, the mini golf is a bit over-priced from what we are used to paying on Cape Cod.

Visited August 2012