“The Worst!”
Review of Fish House

Fish House
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've eaten here two years in a row only to realize that I said the same thing the first time. It was the worst lobster stew and lobster roll I have ever had. The lobster stew tasted like it was weeks old and cooked in bad water and the lobster roll was void anything (salad dressing) to hold it together and what little lobster there was, was overcooked (rubbery). I was born and raised in Maine and have eaten lobster cooked in various ways all my life. This is the worst I have ever had in 52 years. My wife had the fried Haddock sandwich and said it too was terrible. We won't eat here again.

2  Thank Brs501
There are newer reviews for Fish House

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a busy little take out with a great variety on the menu. you eat at picnic tables along the waterside. Given the number of day visitors to the island this is a very busy spot for lunch. My friends ordered the fish sandwich which they all liked. I order the whole boiled lobster which was not cooked through. When I returned it the cook came out and gave me some grief but coming from a lobster community I know lobster when it's not cooked through. I asked for another and after almost half an hour another one was served to me that was even less cooked than the first. Runny tomalley is a health hazard is not acceptable. I was given a refund but no apology.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Fish House is worth whatever line you need to wait in. The crab cakes were amazing as was the octupus salad. The food was well priced and you get to eat outdoors at the picnic tables and enjoy the lovely beach/view of Manana Island. I loved the woman at the counter. She was really nice and spends 6 months on the island and the other 6 months on the upper West Side of NYC. Talk about a dichotomy of places.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

GREAT fresh fish and lobsters, stews, crab cakes, chowders and crabmeat while sitting on picnic benches on the beach. We'll be back!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

And that's coming from a life-long Mainer! It was so tender you know it was just cooked! I opted for the toasted roll and ordered some coleslaw as well. Both were so exceedingly delicious I could have had doubles! The view was amazing too, as they have picnic tables right there on the beach beside the harbor. A five star experience!