“Brackett Rentals on Monhegan Island Highly Recommended”
Review of Monhegan Island

Monhegan Island
More attraction details
Owner description: A square-mile rock off the coast of Monhegan that is home to 70 residents.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been visiting Monhegan for the past 20 years and for me every time I visit it is like coming home. For me Monhegan is a very special place, going there is like taking a step back in time to a simpler way of life. From the village to the forest and the coast line with its majestic cliffs there is beauty everywhere you look. The people of Monhegan are wonderful people who I have found to be very friendly and helpful.
I have stayed in many different cottages over the years and rented from a number of different Island residents all of which have been very accommodating; they all did whatever they could to make my stay and the stay of the others in my group as enjoyable as possible. Last year for the first time I rented the Walker Bright Cottage through Brackett Rentals. It was a wonderful experience and I found Lisa Brackett as accommodating and eager to make my stay enjoyable as any of those I had rented from in the past. This year I am again renting the Walker Bright Cottage for two weeks through Brackett Rentals and highly recommend Brackett Rentals. Lisa is extremely hard working, as are all those who live on Monhegan. I have found her to be friendly and always trying her best to make sure those that rent from her have a positive experience.
Steven Dunn, Chelsea, Maine

4  Thank 457StevenD
There are newer reviews for Monhegan Island

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have rented from Bracket Rentals for my annual visit to Monhegan for the last 7+ years.
Lisa Bracket has gone out of her way to make sure I was happy. The property I rented was always clean and in working order upon my arrival. I am sure, if there was anything out of sorts she would have made great effort to solve the problem. I have never needed to ask her, since all the years I have rented from her, there have never been any issues.
Monhegan Is, is a place to go to step back in time, enjoy the natural beauty and use the sun and the moon to tell you what time it is.
I highly recommend Bracket Rentals.

3  Thank Carole C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have organized renting a house on Monhegan for 10 friends every year for about a decade. Lisa Brackett has been incredibly helpful and responsive to us. We have rented several different houses through her over the years and all of them have been in great shape. We had some unexpected plumbing problems with one house and she had it fixed immediately. I could not be more pleased.

2  Thank Kirke0
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been coming to Monhegan off and on since the late 1970's, staying at various places. The island is wonderful, the natural beauty, the pounding surf, the hikes, the birds, the peace, the people. Though I've thoroughly enjoyed each visit, my favorites by far have been the last few years renting through Brackett Rentals. We've stayed at Brackett Oar House and nothing beats sitting on the deck with morning tea or evening drinks with the water right in front of us. Lisa Brackett will do anything she can to help ensure a pleasant, enjoyable experience. If I forgot olive oil, she'll give me some, I never worry when renting through her. I can't say enough good things about Brackett Rentals!

2  Thank lovetheoceansurf
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I haven't been back to Monhegan Island since the Sixties. I went there as a high school student working at a summer camp, had never been to Maine, and during a two break off decided to hitch hike to Port Clyde. Took the postal boat to the island after touring a sardine factory, having a lobster sandwich, and getting on the boat for the trip. What a blast. At the pier when we came in were all these beautiful women mostly blonds speaking a foreign language that I was not familiar.
I strolled about the village with all the lobster boxes, and took the path to the cliffs. The ocean rushed in and crashed. I was amazed. It was summer and there were flowers blooming out on the path. I hard a hard time leaving that place. It is wonderful as I remember it. Intend to visit again before I croak.

2  Thank BigBoyWorldDada