“great B&B”
Review of Ice Fish Inn

Ice Fish Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Millinocket B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here after going white water rafting on the Kennebec and it was a lovely place to stay. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful, providing us with a 10% discount, offering to show us where we could view moose, and providing us with restaurant recommendations. The room itself was pleasant and clean, decorated with stuffed octopi, and had a modern bathroom (though more hooks on which to hang towels may have been useful). The collection of books and infinite supply of candied ginger and pecans in the communal area was a nice touch. Perhaps one of my favorite things about staying here was the breakfast, which was included and involved a voucher to the Appalachian Trail Cafe, which was close by and delicious (and offered us an excuse to check out the downtown area). Overall, it was a great experience -- we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca B

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I'd stay at the Ice Fish Inn if ever in the area again. I'm a germ freak and I don't recall anything that made me uneasy at this Inn. There is a dog that roams the main floor but I'm a dog lover so that doesn't bother me but if you can't stand dog hair, or loving animals, this is a potential issue. The owners have interesting past work lives and are relatively new to the business which shows in their eagerness to be helpful, friendly and provide value. It is nice that guests are given a breakfast coupon to eat a block away instead of on-site - seems quiter in morning than B&Bs with kitchen noise. Also, there was a mini fridge in my room with a few beverages to get me started and more toiltries than one would ever need. It isn't fancy but all in all, a nice spot if you want a really clean, comfortable room for value. No quams about recommending this property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lis835
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend of hiking and would definitely stay again. The room was perfect with a comfortable bed, responsive heating/cooling, very clean. I arrived late and had a choice of walking my exuberant dog (who had been trapped in a car for the 7 hour drive), or getting to a restaurant before closing. One of the owners offered to walk her for me. That's hospitality! The next day after a chilly, autumn hike I enjoyed a cup of their comforting herbal tea and candied ginger. The owners made sure I was always comfortable and that I enjoyed my stay. It's a short walk to local restaurants, including the classic AT Cafe.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank F451Dana
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I spent an absolutely fabulous night at the Ice Fish Inn after spending several days hiking through Baxter State Park. We stayed in the largest room available for less than $150, and it included an extremely comfortable queen-sized bed, and a HUGE bathroom with our own jacuzzi! It was a fantastic, affordable way to relax after hiking Katahdin. Located right in downtown Millinocket, we were able to walk to dinner with no problems. This B&B is pet friendly, and has several resident house pets that were also very people friendly - a nice bonus as far as we were concerned! I would highly recommend this B&B to other travelers!

Room Tip: Room number 8 is sunny, and includes a jacuzzi with a full shower!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harmony195
Reviewed October 2, 2012

There are a few of B & B's in the Millinocket area. We had a local recommendation to stay here and we were pleased we did. Comfortable, and clean accommodations. The vouchers for the local restaurant for breakfast were terrific ! Would definitely stay and recommend the Ice Fish.

Room Tip: Stayed in the moose room....quiet, nice shower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 202chris777
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We spent two nights at the Ice Fish Inn in late September - and felt right at home. The owners took every opportunity to make sure we had everything we needed - from the really comfy bed and fresh towels each day, to suggestions for restaurants, and hikes in Baxter State Park, to delightful conversations over morning coffee. Enjoy your stay - we sure did!

Room Tip: Check out the website - pictures of each room are posted
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jarsim
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place is very quaint and conveniently located near Baxter state park. I stayed there with a large group of friends for a rafting trip. The staff was very attentive and the rooms were themed with different animals. I loved the basket of toiletries they provided. The mini toiletries are always my favorite part of traveling and they thought of everything. Also they have an extensive DVD library for relaxation after your big hike. They had all the Monty Python episodes and movies, which I think is also a rather important feature for a B&B to provide.

Room Tip: Ask for the fox room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends