“felt like home !”
Review of Katahdin Cabins

Katahdin Cabins
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I only stayed here one night, but we enjoyed it very much !!!! we arrived to find muffins wrapped and waiting for us (: the owner delivered a freshly laundered down comforter which was still warm, right out of the dryer, so we cuddled up into it and took a cat nap ^=^ ....very clean, quite and comfortable bed...and very warm ! we can't wait for spring so we can go back !!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Katahdin Cabins and couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. Our one-room cabin was spotless and comfortable. The area is quiet, the hosts are exceptional, and the location is close to some great hiking. A couple of hints for future guests: Remember to bring your own soap and drinking glasses for the bathroom. If you go out for breakfast and come back to the cabin, you may find all your towels have been removed for daily cleaning. This is great, however, you won't have a hand towel if you need to wash your hands. (I hid one of the hand towels in my suitcase each morning, so I'd have one after breakfast.) The common kitchen area was being painted when we were there so we don't have an opinion on that. We would definitely stay there again. Millinocket is a great town with some good restaurants. Stay at the cabins if you're in the area. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kay M
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We spent two nights while hiking baxter state park. Cabin was clean with very comfotable beds. We came back from hiking Katahdin quite late and they left delicious home made cupcake in our room and in the morning they gave us excellent mufins to take with us on the road. There is a fire pit where you can roast marshmellos or hot dogs and a common area kitchen. Hosts were very helpful with advise on the area and great bakers!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My family and I stayed here this summer on our quest to hike Katahdin. As soon as we got there the lady gave us helpful information about our hike and directions to get there. We asked the couple many questions throughout the time we were there and they even let my dad print Red Sox tickets that we needed the day after we left. We expressed interest in mountain biking and the couple gave my brother and I bikes so we had a great time biking nearby! Everyday we enjoyed a homemade treat and we especially loved the blueberry muffins! The cabins had everything we needed and even wireless. I would highly recommend these cabins!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We are a young couple from Canada, and we stayed here in July 2011. We had just got back from a busy trip to Italy in June, so we wanted to spend some time somewhere relaxing. The Katahdin cabins were perfect for this sort of trip. The price is excellent, location is great (close to the town Millinocket, also outdoor activities such as Katahdin mountain and kayak rentals. I think the owners also offer free bikes to borrow). Every morning there were freshly prepared muffins and coffee for breakfast. When we arrived, freshly baked cookies were there in the cabin for us. The cabins are really clean and the bed is super comfy. There are two places for campfires, good wifi connection if you feel you need it, and also tons of channels on satellite TV (but of course you don't need it!) I highly recommend the Katahdin cabins, and I will recommend the location to my family and friends if they plan to visit Maine.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The Katahdin cabins are cozy, comfortable and very clean. Great place to stay if you are hiking in Baxter SP, and the wonderful homemade muffins that await you when you arrive and are brought to your cabin each day are a real plus!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Great base for hiking Katahdin. Best part is how quiet it is in evening - no problem getting a good night's sleep in the comfortable beds, complete with duvet. Rooms are functional and serviceable, not fancy, so be forewarned, if you're looking for 5 star accommodations then look elsewhere. Hosts and family are friendly and helpful. Fresh, warm cookies and muffins great treat after a day of exercise too.

Room Tip: some cabins are small - book ahead