“Good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not fancy but this is Millinocket. The food is good which is the important part. We like it. Good variety on the menu. Good pizza too.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

A local referred us here for lunch and I think he might have been related! Pretty dismal food/decor/etc. Menu says it is the oldest restaurant in town....it felt like it, and not in a good way. Food was average and staff was friendly enough, but we had a much nicer dining experience just a few doors away.

1  Thank nus2
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This place was so good that we had to come back again the next day! We started with the bacon-wrapped scallops. So good, my husband ordered them both days. We also had clam chowder (big bowl!), lobster roll (lots of lobster, small roll!), sausage calzone. Service was great. Very friendly.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

There aren't many choices in Millinocket and this restaurant is really one of the few sit down places. Its better then McDonalds but i didn't care for it.There were a lot of locals there on a Sunday evening. Seemed like a lot of people coming in for pizza pick ups. Our waitress was new so I'll excuse the slow service. I felt the prices were high and the food bland. I ordered fettuccine chicken Alfredo. The noodles were over cooked, the sauce bland and the chicken appeared boiled not sautéed. Would have been much better grilled. I cook chicken a lot and I know what boiled looks and tastes like. Sautéed chicken is not pure white and curled. There would be some browning on it if it had been sautéed. My husband ordered chowder and scallops. He was considering a sea food dish but the prices were higher then Red Lobster and this is Maine. There were average. They did not have a children's menu and they did not offer making a small portion of something for my preschooler as well. They suggested she get a fried chicken appetizer. My salad was slightly nicer then average with the extra veggies. Would have liked a larger variety of veggies to select from as a side. Coleslaw, side salad, and squash were the choices. The place was clean, the bar looked popular and they had pretty local artwork. Maybe we just ordered the wrong food. Most people wee going for pizza.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food is very, very average, but the people are nice! We were recommended the pizza, which was just okay, and the next night ordered a grilled chicken breast which came deep fried. It was the only restaurant open, hence the return visit.