Tripadvisor

Reviewed September 3, 2018
P9259SDjulieg
Wilson, North Carolina
via mobile

All reviews sea bass penobscot river class rapids half day trip steak white water rafting lunch spot great bunch of guys super fun water shoes natural rock these guys afternoon session an adventure comfort zone slide show great trip
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

I have done a lot of these type of trips, all great, but I really enjoyed this one. From the time I scheduled the trip to the end was a pleasure. The Outdoor center where we met was a perfect spot. The equipment was well tended and newer. The rafts were rugged and well made. The bus and driver were great. Our guide Shawn was extremely competent. I felt very safe and had a great time. My friends back was hurting her and the guides went out of their way to make sure she was ok the whole day. The lunch spot was exactly what you would expect rustic and woodsy. The food was really good for trail food. And I’m a snob. We did the full river which took us all day. We had a blast! At the end we had hot showers and watched a slide show of the trip. The photos were surprisingly really good. We purchased the flash drive option for $45. Our guide also recommended the River Driver Restaurant 5 miles down the road. Wow! But call ahead.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2018

We had a great time rafting the upper and lower Penobscot with Peneobscot Adventures Whitewater Rafting. The guides were great and the scenery was wonderful. I'd highly recommend them.

1  Thank Exploration322374
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We had so much fun! We did the half-day trip. The ride is awesome and be prepared to get wet. I wore a wetsuit. The water is wonderful the stone slide is great. The Falls are great. So much excitement! I would do it again. The meal is delicious. I had the steak. The rice was so good! We will be back. Our guide was Dan. So knowledgeable! He made the trip great!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018

We did the lower and upper Penobscot on Friday August 24. Our guide was Nate and he made the trip a good one. He really gave it his all to give us the maximum the river could give us. Chris was in the safety boat on the upper and Jim maneuvered the bus during our travels. I don't normally leave reviews but I thought these guys did such a great job, they needed to be acknowledged. Great bunch of guys and an awesome day. We will be back next year

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

It’s not often that we find an activity that all three teenagers and their parents enjoy, but this was one of them. We did the whole day trip, and were lucky to have the whole raft to ourselves with an outstanding guide, Chris. If you are not comfortable in the water, this might not be the trip for you. I fell off the raft during the first rapid, and it was fine (I lost my sunglasses which were not attached with a strap). We watched the other raft dump most of their passengers on two occasions, and some were quite frightened, and banged up. I am in NO way a thrill seeker. I hate rollercoasters and flume rides. This was nothing like that. The day started out with a rapid, then there was a bit of lazy floating and the opportunity to swim and slide down some rocks. Halfway through the day, we stopped for lunch, which was quite good. We then got back in the school bus an drove to the Upper Penobscot and put the rafts in at the discharge from a hydropower plant. There were more rapids in the afternoon. I tend to avoid things called «The Exterminator,» but it was quite fun. There were phenomenal views of Katahdin along the way. Everyone in my family wore wetsuits and water shoes. We brought some of our own, and rented some. I would highly recommend this. The water was not terribly cold in August, but the wetsuit offers a bit of protection against abrasions if you wind up falling in the rapids. They took photos, which are available for purchase afterwards. Would definitely do this again.