Great accommodations with a wonderful staff. The food on site was fresh and delicious. Prices were a bit higher, but it was expected considering everything else is low end and/or camping. This was worth every penny after an all day battle with Mt. Katahdin! The location is perfect. Everything was clean and fresh. I would bring my own soap & shampoo....the complementary ones were way below par. Great hotel and I would highly recommend staying here if you were going to Millinocket, ME, and did not like camping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Big Moose in, with its rustic elegance, rare blend of friendly service and lovely surroundings offers several lodging styles to accommodate the needs of all of our guests. We offer Inn Rooms and Suites, as well as private cabins and 2 campgrounds. We also have a bar and grille, restaurant, two rafting companies, and a small convenience store on site. We are located in the perfect spot: 8 miles from Baxter State park, in between lake Ambajejus and Millinocket lake. We are within walking distance from a beach with a beautiful sunset. We also have canoes and kayaks for rental. We look forward to hearing from you! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins And Campground
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground Hotel Millinocket
- Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground Millinocket, Maine