All reviews balcony overlooking the river sized refrigerator separate bedroom home away from home late arrival milford motel minute drive beds were comfortable a great place to stay stove bangor pans suite maine accommodations furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2019

This is my go-to motel when I'm visiting the Bangor/Orono/Old Town area. The location is great, the rooms are like little homes, and the management/staff is phenomenal.

Milford Motel is located in a quiet area right next to the water, but also conveniently on the main road leading directly to the highway. The University of Maine is about a 10 minute drive away, and Bangor is about 20 minutes. Locally, there's a convenience store right down the street which offers all kinds of quick, hot eats amongst many other things. Just across the bridge in Old Town there's a number of bars and a great little restaurant called Yama's.

This Motel's rooms have everything you need for an extended stay. They come with an eat-in kitchen featuring stocked cupboards with all the pots, pans, and dinnerware you'd need to cook a full meal for several people. There's a nice sized refrigerator and
a coffee maker with plenty of coffee ready to make in the morning. If you're looking to just relax in front of the television, fear not. The cable service provided has hundreds of stations. Then there's the all important beds. I don't know what kind of mattress toppers this motel uses, but they are so comfortable. The mattress seems like it's probably of the firm variety, but the topper is some kind of cooling memory foam that is absolutely perfect.

Finally, I'd like to comment about the management and staff. When you first check into the motel, you'll most likely be greeted by a classy lady named Jane - who I believe is the owner. During my stay, Jane went way out of her way to help me out when I ran into some personal problems. I'm very grateful to her. Also, the very friendly and considerate staff keep the rooms immaculate and well stocked.

I highly recommend the Milford Motel on the River. Say "Hi" to Jane for me!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

First time we stayed in the Bangor area and we found the Milton Motel on the River. We booked on line and we went by the information in the posting.
We were not disappointed with our suite. The rooms are clean, a kitchenette with fridge, stove, microwave and a small kitchen table for two. The bathroom was very large and spotless. There were two beds in the living area, a double and a single as well as a separate bedroom with a double bed.
We were greeted by Jayne on checking in and she was friendly, quick and very helpful in advising on local restaurants, shopping, etc. Only a 10 minute drive to Bangor’s main shopping and restaurant area.
The view of the river from our balcony was definitely a bonus.
The motel is not fancy but more than served our needs. If you’re looking for a clean, efficient and not an expensive place to stay that’s close to the University of Main and the city of Bangor, then try the Milford Motel by the River. We will come back when visiting the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018

This motel has many benefits. For starters, if you are visiting the University of Maine, the Milford Motel is a very short distance from campus, about 8 minutes drive. I was visiting for a conference, and my colleagues who stayed in Bangor had a much longer commute to their hotel. Also, because the suite I stayed in had a full-sized refrigerator, stove, and oven, I saved money on food (and coffee) by preparing several of my meals. The kitchenette contained most everything I needed to make simple meals, pots, pans, plates utensils, etc.

On the night that I arrived in Maine, my flight was delayed, and the staff stayed up beyond the normal check-in hours to accommodate my late arrival and even upgraded me to a bigger room. Throughout my stay they were very attentive.

As mentioned above, my room had a full kitchenette, as well as a balcony with river views and outdoor seating. It was nice to open the sliding door in the mornings and evenings to let in the breeze and the view of the surrounding trees and river.

Other reviewers are accurate when they describe the room interiors as being a bit dated but very clean. Though the interiors were somewhat dated, I found charm in the furnishings and decor. Over the course of my stay, I came to love my room with its nice views of the river, comfy armchair, and cozy, nostalgic decorating.The bedding didn't feel dated--nice quality cotton sheets and comforters--and every corner of the room was immaculately clean.

Finally, if you are a fan of AirB&B, as am I, I recommend giving the Milford Motel a shot. The rooms feel much more unique and homey than your typical motel/hotel room, and the staff are much more attentive than at your typical chain motel/hotel

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Brandi R
Reviewed January 3, 2018

I really enjoyed my stay. I had intended to drive a couple more hours that evening but was so tired it felt dangerous to go on. I did an online search and thought staying on a river would be nice to wake up to so I called and booked a room.
The rooms are simple but clean and comfortable. The oner was friendly and even called up to the room to make sure all was to my satisfaction. The bed was a nice balance between firm and soft. They provided plenty of coffee in the room which I greatly appreciated in the morning while sitting on the back deck, looking over the calm river, getting geared up for another day on the road.

Room tip: As for an upstairs room for a better river view.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Jayne Z, Owner at Milford Motel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you Naomi for taking the time to leave a comment for other weary travelers, that you enjoyed your overnight stay, while driving on a long road trip. We hope to see you for a return trip or any time passing through this area of Maine, that you have a place to stay(call ahead),Take Care! Happy 2018.

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

This is cozy, comfy, quiet and friendly.. 2 rules that are considerate to everyone.. No smoking in rooms (outdoor ashtrays provided) and please pick up after your pet, they will give you the poo bag if you ask them.. I always have bags, because with each room having a kitchette, I go to the grocery store after checking in.. This motel isn't a luxury accommodation.. But for me, it has the luxuries I appreciate most, clean, comfy, make my own meals, great wifi, nice tv, friendly owners and staff..

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Jayne Z, Owner at Milford Motel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time for your considerate and positive review. We enjoy getting to know most of our customer that become friends of the Motel and enjoy seeing that person from time to time, that stay for several days or just revisit for an overnight stay when passing through. As we continue gradually to make updates to the property for a safe and comfortable stay for all of our guest to enjoy, when they may travel far away from home. Thank you again!