Red Barn Motel
The Pines(Winter Harbor)
Raspberry Shores(Jonesport)
Very Good 4/5
    Great 4.5/5
    Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)
    Great 4.5/5
    Balance Rock Inn(Bar Harbor)
    Great 4.5/5
    West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
    Very Good 4/5
    • Pool
    Excellent 5/5
    • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsnice view of the riverroom was cleancoffee potmini fridgebedsplugslampdeskwifi
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was doing some family history research in the area for a weekend, so really just wanted a basic room, which is what this place offers. The lady who checked me in was a real peach who reminded me of my own grandmother except sweeter and was very friendly and helpful. She offered me a corner room on the second floor of the farthest building which seemed to be the only building they had open at the time. The view from the room over the Narragaugus River was very nice. The room itself, I imagine, hadn't been updated since the 80s or 90s, but it was large, clean (in fact, it smelled faintly of bleach), had plenty of towels, and had a pine tree car air freshener hanging from the curtain rod. There was a nice selection of channels on the TV, a refrigerator in the large bedroom, and the heat kept me warm. There is apparently wi-fi available, but the dear old lady who checked me in knew nothing about it, and my laptop and phone barely picked up a signal in my room. Still, that wasn't an issue for me. My only complaint about the room was a complete lack of water pressure that made taking a shower in the morning a challenge. Water, when it did come out of the shower head, was in fits and spurts and barely a trickle. Nevertheless, for $50/night, I would stay here again. It's right in the heart of Milbridge, so I could walk to places to eat and the Hannaford's, I had an excellent view of the river, and I slept okay.

Room Tip: Apparently the non-smoking rooms are on the second floor, but check the water pressure in the shower before you unpack, in case you need to change rooms. The building farthest from the check-in office faces the river and has nice views.
    • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
    2  Thank Richard H
    Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here because they allowed dogs. We have three large dogs. The room was clean, and there's a nice wooded area to walk the dogs. The restaurant is closed, but there are places to eat that are close. Since all we do is sleep, we didn't mind that the motel is older.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
    1  Thank RLBArtist
    Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was a cheap motel ($64 a double no breakfast). It was clean and the room quite large with a table and a porch with a lovely view over a lake. There was no breakfast but for the price you could not complain. Basic, simple, but clean. The wifi did not work for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Leighae54
    Reviewed July 29, 2012

OK Motel where the room (36) was quite good for the price. Else the place looks a bit rusty. There is a very nice restaurant (44 degree north) in walking distance! The own restaurant seems closed. Worthwhile staying a night over if your are traveling #1.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
    2  Thank Stefan J
    Reviewed December 3, 2011

I had to go to a funeral in Milbridge and called ahead for a reservation because I wanted to give the staff enough time to clean the room after reading bad reviews. When I got there the entry carpet had a few little staines but the rest of the room was clean and we even pulled down the bed and checked for bugs. The matress was a Serta Perfect Sleeper and no bugs were found. I feel I got an excelent value of 2 Queen Beds for $74.95 with tax. The restaraunt was closed down but there was a little restaraunt called The Fishermans Wife just around the corner within walking distance. My uncle who is a retired Marine thought the motel was "doable" and up to his standards as well. He walked around Millbridge and took sun rise pictures that were beautifull. I would stay there again but always call ahead just to make sure they can have a CLEAN ROOM!

Room Tip: CALL AHEAD to make sure there is a clean room waiting for you.
    • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family