My boyfriend and I were traveling to Maine for a friend's wedding. We decided to stay at Axell's because we needed a pet friendly hotel/motel (we have 3 1/2 month old Sheltie), something close to the wedding and reception site (we are from WAY out of town), and couldn't afford to stay at the chain hotels. Axell's fit the bill and I was pleasantly surprised at how clean, cute, and accomodating it was.
Great stay overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just west of the Augusta line, we are two, small, locally owned and operated motels with all the amenities of a large one. Innkeepers, Sheila and Kent, have worked tirelessly to make each and every guestroom unique, comfortable and full of amenities that they themselves would like to find while they are traveling. You won't find "cookie cutter" guestrooms here, all guestrooms are decorated differently, so if you don't like the style of one, we are sure we'll find one you love! When you visit, you must take a dip in the new inground, salt water, heated pool, located at the Fairway, just one mile from the Scandinavian Inn ! It is fabulous! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Axell's Scandinavian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Axells Scandinavian Hotel
- Axells Scandinavian Motel
- Axell's Scandinavian Inn Manchester, Maine