I was visiting Waterville, but all the motels in town were full. So I had to cast a wider net. Lucky for me, because it brought me to Axell's Scandinavian Inn. This is actually two separate motels, Axell's and the Fairway Inn, a mile or so west. both are strip motels on big horseshoe drive. I stayed at the Fairway. The room was large, updated, well maintained and very clean. It has a galley kitchen with a full size range and refrigerator, perfect for a longer stay. One nice feature was the radiant heating, which kept the room warm, silently. A big improvement over the loud blowers so often encountered. I would gladly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just west of the Augusta line, we are two, small, locally owned and operated motels with all the amenities of a large one. Innkeepers, Sheila and Kent, have worked tirelessly to make each and every guestroom unique, comfortable and full of amenities that they themselves would like to find while they are traveling. You won't find "cookie cutter" guestrooms here, all guestrooms are decorated differently, so if you don't like the style of one, we are sure we'll find one you love! When you visit, you must take a dip in the new inground, salt water, heated pool, located at the Fairway, just one mile from the Scandinavian Inn ! It is fabulous! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Axell's Scandinavian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Axells Scandinavian Hotel
- Axells Scandinavian Motel
- Axell's Scandinavian Inn Manchester, Maine