“I have to laugh!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Yonder Hill
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was reading some of the reviews and some of the issues that were sited in the reviews I literally started laughing too many pine needles ummm hello smart one... we live in the pine tree state if you are offended by pine needles stay home and get a leaf blower, bees in the bathrooms hahaha are you kidding me....have you ever camped before...did you want them to send a private person around with you to kill all the bugs princess...come on people.....does anyone know how to camp anymore....stay home and play your gaming systems and have your comforts....camping is just that...and as far as my family and I are concerned we love this campground, it is clean , kid friendly, adult friendly with lot's of activities for everyone..the sites are great.....the pool is spotless, the bathrooms are very clean for camping bathrooms. As far as the cabin's we don't rent we have a camper so I can't speak to that but we enjoy everything else!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer C

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The cabins we rented from them were disgusting. One of the bunks had mouse crap all over it, the floor was filthy, and they both smelled. I ended up cleaning the bunks off and the floor. There were several safety issues in the cabins; the extinguisher in one of them was flat, both smoke detectors had no batteries. We had a problem with the grills so my husband went and told the office. the men that came to check mine was very rude and talked like we were idiots and nothing was wrong with the grills. The bathrooms were filthy like a previous poster stated, and had mold growing in the shower stalls and under the sink. I wish I had found the reviews before we rented them for 450 a week each! The pool was unusable as they were cleaning it the whole week and it was a slimey green color. The last straw was the last night we were there. My daughter was searching for her shoe and looked under the bottom bunkie and found not only her shoe but dried up dog crap!! They had stated that they cleaned the cabins but apparently they lied. I will not be going back there again and would not recommend this rude/nasty campground to anyone!

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank belady4
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Sites were very close to each other. There was no privacy at all. The restroom was a long walk from where our site was and it was dirty with mud on the floor and a very large bumblebee was buzzing around inside near the light. The people across from us were playing heavy metal rock music all day long. It was so loud we could barely make conversation. Quiet time starts at 10 pm and they were still playing loud music so we called management and after 3 calls someone finally answered who said they would take a ride through. However, the music wasn't shut off until after midnight! I had earplugs and a pillow over my head and I still couldn't sleep. The next day was better as far as noise as our neighbors complained about the loud music too and management finally told them to keep it down. Just when we thought we could have some quiet, a DJ set up on the pavillion and played all afternoon until 9pm. Whew! we are exhausted from the constant noise and are happy to be home and get some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank awearytraveler1961
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Sites are not clean full of pine needles. The fire danger is Moderate and the campground has pine needles all around the campsite as well as all around the fire. Now i am not talking a few pine needles we are talking about one to two years of build up. Sure they have a lot of the fun things and large sites. However if the sites are not safe it is bad, The pine needles are so built up in every site there is a serious fire damger. This place has a lot of sites. However the campground is empty. WHY?

They had a pig roast today. Lame it was a set of ribs on the open fire. Then campground following appears to be lite. Something is wrong with this place. A few years ago under other management this place was hopping. I feel that with a little attention this place could be hopping again. As for now i am not swimming in the dirty pool or coming back any time soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank scotteam

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Yonder Hill? Share your experiences!