“Look somewhere else”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were given this place to try by the hotel we stayed at.
The service was slow . We sat there for 10 plus minutes and had to wave someone down. We were told our waitress was in the bathroom. The servings sizes were excellent but the food was average and the prices were average as well. They did have a buffet. We were not impressed. It was an odd assortment of food items and they looked old. I would not go back I would look for somewhere else. The desert that we took with us ended up in the trash it was nasty.

1  Thank BabsYahoo

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Excellent food, good value and GREAT service. The seafood is fresh and well prepared - not greasy. Good daily specials also. The fish and chips are well above average.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were returning from Roosevelt Campobello Park in mid afternoon and were very hungry. Although we tend to shy away from "family restaurants" we stopped at the Bluebird because there was not too much else around. Boy, were we glad we did! What a complete menu. I had the stuffed haddock and my wife had the flounder. Both were excellent. Everything was made fresh, even the huge, delicious rolls. And the portions were so large that we could barely finish them. The desserts were so tempting that we took one along for later. And our waitress, Melissa, was outstanding. She took orders from the four of us without writing down anything and had them all correct with pleasant conversation mixed in. We will probably never get back in that area, but if we do, we will stop again.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had breakfast. The server was awesome. Seems like she knew everyone. She didn't know me but made me feel right at home. I had the corned beef hash (absolutely home made) and eggs. It was great. I wished I could have tried another meal here but ran out of time.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had the fish and chips - very tasty and plenty to eat. The menu had a good selection and the prices were reasonable. Nothing fancy but friendly, hometown atmosphere. I forgot my backpack (with passport, wallet, money and camera) when I left. Came back 30 minutes later and it was waiting for me. Nice to meet some honest people. Would definitely eat here again.