“Great Fried Clams”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kennett Square
“Great Fried Clams”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

had a wonderful meal with my family, great fried clams, good selection of other fare, and beer to boot

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank questcarlin

Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
“Blech”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

On the good side, the waitress was a sweetheart -- very kind and accommodating. On the bad side, they ran out of the specials -- not terrible, but bad planning. The service was also terribly slow. I had the crab stew, which was more like a dishwater with bits of crab; I added a ton of salt and pepper and it still tasted bland. As an experiment, I ordered the mustard and salmon dish; I never had the two mixed together, now I know why. It was just about inedible. The mustard stomped all over the flavor of the salmon. It was like eating mustard from a jar while sniffing an open can of tuna fish. A month later, I still vividly remember that terrible taste.

I've heard the place has been better from veteran Blue Bird patrons... so maybe they changed cooks recently. I don't know, but I'm not risking it again.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MaplessTraveler
Jonesport, Maine
“Yum”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Have been going here for years, love the food, atmosphere, and the people! Definitely recommend everything, especially the seafood!

• Visited July 2012
Campton, New Hampshire
“Service Doesn't Get Better Than This”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My mom and I felt so welcome when we had dinner here. Service just doesn't get better than this.
The restaurant is much like a diner. There are three dining rooms. One room has a big TV so we chose the another. It was quiet. The food was definitely what I call comfort food. To my mother, this meant it was excellent (she had the pot roast). I'm used to lighter eating, however. I had the salmon, which was undercooked and overpowered by the mustard it was made with. The portions are huge. A family of four could have shared my dinner (really, only a slight exaggeration). We even had dessert. It was big and rich.
I did not leave hungry, but my stomach wasn't happy about the rich food. My mother felt great and raved about her dinner.
The restaurant closes at 8:00 p.m. They open for breakfast early.

Visited June 2012
Perry, Maine
“Never again”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Food was mostly good. Had an item that I didn't like so the waitress asked why I hadn't eaten it & if everything was ok. She became very snotty when I said I didn't like it. Then went over to discuss it with another waitress while they both stared and snickered! When I paid my bill, the owner checked me out (she had apparently made the chop suey I didn't like) She took my money and slammed it into the register and didn't even give me my change!!! Have NOT gone back since.

Visited September 2011