“Great fish chowder”

Helen's
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Machias
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Route one family restaurant with sweeping views of the historic (Battle of the Margaretta, 1st naval battle of the Revolutionary War) tidal Machias River. Known for baked blueberry pie, fish chowder, local products (seafood, dairy, produce, syrup, and more) exceptional service, and house made baked goods.
Reviewed October 3, 2016

My wife and I had lunch here at the recommendation of the proprietor at our motel. I had the fish chowder and it was great. Service was friendly and efficient. The restaurant has nice views over the water and outside seating. Groups and families would be comfortable here.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

This place is delicious. I got the Crab Stew which was insanely delicious!!! And the fish & chips. Fish was great, I prefer fresh cut fries. The chocolate cream pie was so good, I finished it, even though I was stuffed.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

We had the lazy lobster dinner. A fair price for a wonderful dinner. Wish we would have had room for the delicious looking pie.

Reviewed October 1, 2016

Loved the lobster dinner at Helen's. The blueberry pie was very good and the service was good. The atmosphere was not quite as cozy as we would have liked but overall the experience was good. would go back again

Reviewed September 29, 2016

We drove from Lubec to Machias one morning especially to have breakfast at Helen's. We were not disappointed. I had a cheese omelet with a side of bacon and toast, my partner had a classic omelet. and a muffin. The dining room was busy, but service was prompt. The food came out piping hot. The muffin and the bread for the toast were both homemade and both were fabulous. We also decided to have a slice of apple pie with our breakfast. ( You really can't go to Helen's and not get pie!) .
Eat here if you have a chance, you won't be disappointed. Definitely worth a visit!