“food”
Review of Helen's

Helen's
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Machias
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

the service is excellent , the food is excellent,very reasonably priced.
the atmosphere is relaxing. plenty of parking. handicapped accesable.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Terry T

Columbus, Ohio
“Great pies!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stopped here for an afternoon dessert and breakfast the next day. The food was very good, but the fish/lobster smell was enough to make me gag. It wasn't as bad in the morning as it was in the afternoon. I would recommend this restaurant, but for me to go back for anything other than breakfast it would have to be takeout only. I was staying at the motel across from the restaurant so this was not an inconvenience for me.

Visited August 2012
Gallup, New Mexico
“Prime Rib!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have a general tendency to dislike Prime Rib, but the owners David and Julie Baker sent me a "sample" from the kitchen and I was convinced--this place is unlike any others. Don't dare leave without a slice of their blueberry pie. SINFUL!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank luckyenuf
Southampton, Pennsylvania, United States
“ok dinner”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The fried seafood was very good,but my brother's pot pie was less so.
Overall a good spot.............................................

Visited November 2012
Derby Line, Vermont
“A Solid Eatery on the Maine Coast”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We did not know about Helen's and would not have stopped unless we were advised to do so by a fellow guest at our B&B in Deere Isle. We were heading north to St. Andrews, NB and kept our eyes peeled. We would have missed it unless we were on the lookout. It lived up to the advance billing for solid Down East fare, reasonable prices, and terrific pies. Quite large in size and segmented into different dining areas, service was prompt and friendly. The lobster roll was delicious, the menu varied, and we were in and out in about 45 minutes - perfect for travelers en route to a destination, north or south. A good selection of regional delicacies available for purchase at the checkout counter. Recommended. We will return when next in the area.

Visited October 2012