“Wow!”

Cuisines: American, Belgian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The only "negative" thing to say about this place is that there are absolutely too many beers to taste in one night!! Although, I heard there was a group of Canadians there the night before we were that did pretty much or almost that! We found this place quite by accident. We were driving through Maine on our way home from somewhere else and decided to stay at the Center Lovell Inn as we drove by it. We got checked in (a wonderful stay!) and Jan told us about Ebenezer's. We promptly drove down for dinner, not really knowing what to expect. It was like being a kid in a candy store!! With 30 some Belgian beers on tap and countless other in bottles, it was hard to choose. We didn't like all the beers we tasted, but there was always something else to taste, and the ones we liked were awesome! It would be nice if Maine law would allow them to do sampler trays; maybe someday... I had the venison stew which was very tasty. My partner had the duck, also tasty. We were there on a Sunday evening and things were quiet, with just a few other people there, which was enjoyable. I would imagine it could be rather rowdy at times, but fun. The waitress was great--very personable and just the right amount of attention given to us. The pub is in an area that seems really out of the way, but with all the lakes, trails, hiking, skiing nearby, I can see that they are in a perfect spot!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

It's obvious that this place is here because of the great beerr selections. The restaurant and oddly enough a neighboring golf course appear to be in the middle of nowhere but both have what is obviously a good following. My son who is much more of a beer expert than I, loved the beer selection-I I really liked my Allagash White.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We came to Ebenezers for our annual family visit, we have a vacation house here. We shold have never come during Beer feat wekend! We were a large group 14 and seated at 2 tables, some one came to the table to take our drink order and a long time lapsed between the time the actual drinks came, afer that the waitress said she had mistakenly given 2 people at or table the wrong glasses of beer, in comemorative mugs and could we have the mugs back! so the poured out my fathers beer into another glass and took the glasses away. They took our order and never came came back, after 45 minutes of waiting, we finally got our over cooked dinners and no more service, dried out mussles and a sausage plate that was close to dangerous. Our other party had to get up and get their own silverware!This palce need some competition!
Note to owners: next year hire some more servers during this Beer fest to take care of your regular customers.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you are looking for fabulous beer and a pleasant meal to go with said beer by all means try Ebenezer's Pub & Restaurant. If you want fabulous service and great ambiance then this is not your place. We had a three fabulous brews although the third brew was not exactly what we ordered but hey the waitress tried. WE had to ask for silverware and napkins and ate our Thai wings without the benefit of napkins too. When we asked the waitress just looked puzzled and then realized we did not have set ups. It was not overly busy but she seemed a bit confused. Any way the wings were great... finger licking good and my Ruger burgher and fries were very nice. BUT it is the BEER that you come for. Too bad this is so far out of the general path of folks.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent a week in the Kezar Lake area and had heard about Ebenezer's from friends, but we were a little bit worried after reading some of the reviews. I am not sure exactly what people were expecting in the middle of nowhere Maine, but we found everything about Ebenezer's to be more than we could have expected. We went there 5 nights in 8 days to eat and/or drink. Beer selection is incredible (even plenty for non-belgian lovers), servers and owners friendly and helpful, and our food was very very good. The Sausage Fest platter was a highlight, as were the tips. Working our way through the draft list and talking to Chris (the owner) about each and every new beer was something special. Most of the reviews seem to have been expecting 5 star gourmet service and food from a small pub in rural maine- which just doesnt make any sense. Yes it is more $ than you would ordinarily spend in the surroundings, but its generally worth it.