“Great sampling and beer selections - and food!”

Ebenezer's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Lovell
Cuisines: American, Belgian
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My brother in law took me, my husband, son and his son there for lunch during the Christmas week. We were out driving around the area and he was just dying to get back here.
It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere next to a golf course. We went in, there was a group just being seated, and two other couples having lunch around 1pm. We decided to sit at the bar as we were all over 21. The waitress/bartender was wonderful. Gave us the beer menus, asked us what types we liked, when we would mention a beer she immediately gave us a sample - just great.
We ordered lunch and could see it was a little slow and getting more crowded. She explained to us that during the Christmas week they only had one cook and waitress on duty. We quickly realized that because there was no snow after a night of rain no one was going to the ski slopes and instead going out to eat. Because we enjoyed each other's company, the place and our beer we definitely had NO problem with it!
We ordered a variety of the hamburgers and I had a quesidila from the appetizer menu. Everyone raved about the hamburgers and my quesidilla was really good.
We were there for a few hours and really enjoyed our time there.

There are newer reviews for Ebenezer's Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stopped in mid-afternoon on a Wednesday, between Christmas and New Year. Typically it is quiet this time of year/day but the weather wasn't good for skiing so there was an unusually large number of people in the joint but only two people on staff (one cook and one waitress/bartender)!!! Waits were thus very long but who's in a rush to go anywhere when you're in Lovell, Maine?

The beer selection is what you have heard and expect. The is a vast variety and quantity of Belgian beers (my favorite beer origin) on tap and in bottles. There are also beers from other parts of Northern Europe and just a few American craft beers. Curiously, they also carry Bud Light bottles--go figure. My companion is really into IPAs and stouts. There were only one or two IPAs available so if that's what you're looking for, go elsewhere. Some rare/interesting stouts available. Most of the menu is obscure, tart, funky Belgian beers that you can't get anywhere else. If you are looking for a big selection of local/regional beers, look somewhere else.

The food is only ok. Not bad, not great. Still, it is lovingly prepared ad they offer daily specials which I didn't have but sounded lovely. This is a good place to work on that heart attack you've been wanting.

Our server was Mary Ann. She seems to run the place. Even though 15 people arrived within 20 minutes and everyone wanted beer and lunch immediately, she seemed to satisfy everyone single-handedly. If it were not for her great attitude and knowledge of all the beers, our experience would not have been what it was.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

I went to Ebenezer's about a year ago. I'll gladly admit that the variety of beers and wines were outstanding, but my experience was a bit horrifying. I had the misfortune to be seated near the doors to the kitchen, and what I heard throughout the evening was unbelievable. Let me just say that the waitstaff was wonderful. So helpful, so friendly- the kind of warm personalities you would expect from small town folk. However, the whole time I was there I could easily hear the owners, Chris and Jen, shouting at their employees. The vile things they would say to their waitresses! I mentioned this to my waitress, a young girl, and she quietly asked if I'd like to move out of earshot of the kitchen. My goodness! Does this verbal abuse happen that often? I was so shocked. Our waitress was so sweet, the service was wonderful, but I feel like I need to let people know what happens behind those doors. My friends and I were there for almost two hours, and the shouting (loud enough for most of the bar room to hear, by the way- a lot of other patrons looked quite uncomfortable) never ceased. This was not normal restaurant kitchen banter- insults and profanity were thrown around so coldly it made me blush. I never went back to Ebenezers. I don't care if it is the #1 beer bar in the world, employees do NOT deserve such abuse. I liked out waitress so much, my friends tell me that she does not work there anymore. I hope she found friendlier employment.

6  Thank ECrocker
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Huge assortment of beers, good food, nice surroundings.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stumbled upon this gem after playing golf and stumbled out only to return the next day! If you love beer this is the place. Local micros on tap and various beers from around the world. Wonder how they get all the variety. A virtual Mecca for fans of beer.

2  Thank sigichloe