“Perfect Paradise”
Review of Pleasant Point Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lovell
Pleasant Point Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Lovell B&B and Inns
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Perfect Paradise”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was in awe the minute I stepped out of my car. This perfect Inn sitting right on the lake. It felt like home. Immaculate rooms, friendly staff and amazing food. The view from our room was breathtaking. We woke in the morning to see a spectacular view of the lake with mountains in the distance. After enjoying a delicious home cooked breakfast that was prepared by Bob, the Executive Chef, we spent the day enjoying the sand and sun on the beach. So many things to do. Kids went Kayaking, jumped off the swimming dock, and we all enjoyed ice cream at the take out window. The baked Haddock with Lobster sauce for dinner was a treat for my taste buds! Enjoyed every bite. Prime Rib was perfectly cooked. Sue, the Inn owner got to know all of us and called us by name...if that isn't personalized service, what is! Highly recommend this Inn. Could not say enough good things about it. Check it out for yourself. You will NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: Be sure to request lake view! Breathtaking!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurie M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The second we turned down the road to the Inn our family of 5 saw a piece of heaven! From the minute we arrived we felt welcomed !! Our family spent our days at the beach swimming, kayaking or fishing !!! All of it was perfect
only what you could hope for. It got even better getting to meet all the staff who want nothing more than you to enjoy and have everything you could need !! The rooms are clean and beautiful!! Oh yeah doesn't matter if it is 1 person or 100 they have the room !!! We ate all our meals at the Inn ~ INCREDIBLE ~ between Bob the Executive chef and the Thai chef
( which we were able to meet both ) I never want to cook again !!! AMAZING FOOD !!! The owner Sue, who if she can tries to meet all of her guests and mostly does she is the definition of sweet and lovely !!! To wrap this up in one word !!!! PRICELESS our family will be back again this season and many more to come if there is room !!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Dacia9519
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had first experienced a wonderful stay at the Inn, June 2010. I just returned on June 7-9, 2013 and had the time of my life visiting dear friends and enjoying the breathtaking scenery and hospitality. What a fantastic place to unwind and relax! Bob, the chef, made an amazing prime rib dinner, and Sue (the owner) was as charming as ever. What a beautiful place to escape the hustle and bustle of everday life! The Inn is so comfortable and welcoming! I sincerely encourage everyone to go to this marvelous, well kept, retreat and enjoy the beauty of Maine. I am looking forward to my next stay, and hopefully it won't take me 3 years!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully maintained and any of them would be a great choice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lucylaball
NYC
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Atttended a wedding and book a room for 3 night here. The room was clean and very comfy. We were on the second floor bedroom. My most memorable moment was taking one of the Inns canoes out for a boatride on the foggy lake. I highly recommend this place and if you're able to get a room with the lake view, I think you will be very pleased.

Room Tip: Room on the 2nd floor facing the lake
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I have frequented Pleasant Point several times over the past 12 years. When we first discovered the Inn, they had a beautiful full service bar and the staff would serve us Martini's and snacks on the porch in the afternoon....WOW, what a treat! At that time, the restaurant remained closed for lunch and dinner since there was never enough business from the outside to keep folks employed throughout the day. It was a waste of time and food for the Inn to try and keep the restaurant working. Several Summers later and the Bar was also removed. The owners found that the former restaurant room would serve the Inn better as a Wedding reception venue and it did well. However, the vacationers and visiting couples would end up suffering when they discovered no working food or beverage service was available. Unfortunately, the Pleasant Point Inn website continued to infer the opposite....and never stated the "full truth" concerning the restaurant.
Never the less, once you realized that you were paying for just a room, you quickly had to improvise for food and drink off the premises or brown bag your beverage choices with you. We did miss the convenience of on-site food and drink, but the Inn maintained it's Northeastern quaintness and ambiance. I personally, would not desire to have TV's, phones and the like in a place such as this. There is far too much to enjoy outside of artificial electronic stimulation and communications.
This is God's country. The lake, mountains, storms, trees, chipmonk's, fresh air and quiteness more then make up for anything else one would desire. We have never experienced bed bugs, cockroaches, mice or nastiness at the Inn. That being said, in all fairness to those reading my input, "this is not a Marriott either!" When you pay $300 plus per night, you expect or even demand a lot more, but this is an Inn, privately run and remote in a beautiful part of Maine. This is not "apples & oranges".
So now, you have the straight skinny. Plan accordingly, enjoy life and what is infront of you and stop focusing on the small stuff that really don't make a hill of beans!

Room Tip: Always request a lakefront room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jazzdaddy
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was hesitant about writing this review because I didnt want others to know how great PPI (as I have come to call it is). Im selfish and I like PPI the way it is, beautiful and 100% the way your maine vacation should be. Then I thought about Bob and Sherry, the folks that run the place. After that I knew I had to let everyone else know how great the place is - they are awesome!

To set the stage, I am originally from Maine but living in Massachusetts and had my wedding there last summer (July 2011). It was the most perfect event, I couldnt have asked for anythign better!

The Inn and cottages are very rustic (i.e., no TV and definitely haven't been updated in a while) but we loved it that way and wouldnt change it at all! There is a main Inn with a ton of rooms, from small to large that overlook the most BEAUTIFUL lake ever. Seriously, the sunsets there are crazy orange, red and purple. Then there are 2 bulidings called condos, we used these as the rooms for our bridal party.

The ceremony was held outdoors and the reception inddoors. During the cocktail hour the staff (who were sooooo great!!) passed heavy apps and make drinks for everyone. We chose to have an open bar and it was worth every penny! I cant say enough about the staff at PPI, they took every idea we had and made it a reality. They were so professional and when it came to creating the menu Bob had great ideas and cooked everything flawlessly. We had an assortment of lobster rolls, crad cakes, sliders, lamb lolli's etc. As you can see, PPI can make some seriously good food. Before I forget, they also helped us have a flawless rehearsal dinner the night before. There is a great BBQ pit area at the Inn that also overlooks the lake. We got everyone together and had chicken, burgers and dogs on the grill and then had a fire near the beach. Picture perfect!!

I know I am missing about 1,000 things about the Inn that are great and they will probably come to me at a time while I am day dreaming of sitting by the lake but until then feel free to message me if you are planning your wedding there and have questions about how my wedding went.

My husband and I have already called the Inn to reserve a room there for our 1 year anniversry and many more to come!

Vendors we loved and would highly recomend:

Officiant - Price Hutchins
Cake & Cup Cakes - White Mountain Cupcakery
Photographer - David Aaron Sprague
Flowers - Pooh Corner

Room Tip: Any room with a lake view is what I would choose
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I travel to the Inn twice a year with my family and friends. It is a beautiful Inn with great character and a friendly staff. The lake is breathtaking! We have a great time every year that we have gone for the past 16 years! I highly recommend that anyone that wants to enjoy a relaxing weekend, go and visit!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovell
The Old Saco Inn
#1 of 3 in Bridgton
Pleasant Mountain Inn
Pleasant Mountain Inn
#5 of 5 in Bridgton

Been to Pleasant Point Inn? Share your experiences!