“5 Star Chef”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Lincolnville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for a more personalized, unique, boutique style experience, simplicity where “guests feel incredibly connected with our destination and the local way of life”. Then look no further. The Youngtown Inn Restaurant offers elegant dining in gracious surroundings. Chef/owner Manuel Mercier draws upon his French heritage and European training to create an array of traditionally prepared dishes. Your hosts are extremely proud and grateful to have been reviewed and featured in local as well as national publications. A seasonally-changing dinner menu is supplemented with daily special offerings which take advantage of the freshest available ingredients. Lobster ravioli, rack of lamb and creme brulee have been the theme for many culinary writers. Along with delicious cuisine, the Inn offers a full bar and extensive wine list including "by-the-glass" selections.
Reviewed July 12, 2018

My wife and I have been staying and eating at the Youngtown Inn for the past 20 years.This is the first time I have reviewed our visit. The chef, Manuel, has reached his peak preparing a meal that is worth the trip to Lincolnville, Maine. Our recent dinner of a ravioli appetizer and filet mignon was truly perfect. The ravioli with morels was delicate. The filet topped with perfect caramelized onions and a light sauce of gorgonzola cheese was truly outstanding. It is a delight to see the evolution of a chef over many years to the point where I know that the dining experience will be memorable.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

If you're looking for a true Maine B&B experience with superb traditional French cuisine then the Youngtown is the place for you. From the century+ old 6 room Inn, to the lovely country restaurant, the setting is superb. Throw in the Master French Chef and the great wine selection and you have the perfect getaway. The food here is truly excellent and some of the best you'll find anywhere. We highly recommend!

Reviewed July 10, 2018

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here by chance and could not have been more lucky. Manuel is one of the best (and most modest) chefs I have ever dined with. We stayed 3 nights this July and were lucky enough to eat his croissants and creme brûlée. Maryanne and Manuel work nonstop through the summer and are devoted to their guests. At breakfast one morning, Manuel inquired about our plans to visit a local island. We had been considering the island of Vinalhaven. He knew we liked to hike and wouldn't be taking our car. He suggested Monhegan and called the local ferry to be sure we could get a reservation. He could not have been more spot on. This is just one example of how incredible their recommendations have been. Maryann sent us on the best hike of our lives and it was walking distance from the Inn. All the rooms at the Youngtown Inn have attached bathrooms, and nearly all of them have balconies. We are staying in one of their least expensive rooms with an extra bed for our 11 year old daughter and we could not have chosen a better place for our vacation. If you are on the fence, you should come here immediately.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

I usually dont write reviews, but I love this place so much I wanted to share. The menu is inspired, everything I have eaten here was delicious, and the vibe is warm and welcoming. The staff is top notch! I recommend having a souffle for dessert! Also, they are flexible and accommodating on their menu options. Please stop by if you are ever in Lincolnville. You'll be glad you did!

Reviewed June 3, 2018

This is definitely one of the best restaurants on Maine's midcoast. A fantastic place for an intimate family dinner, or a romantic dinner for two. With a French flair, the chef creates scrumptious dishes which are beautifully presented The atmosphere is just lovely, and the staff is gracious and attentive. The bar area is a very cozy and an inviting space to enjoy their excellent selection of wine and cocktails.