“Best in the Area”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Lincolnville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for a more personalized, unique, boutique style experience, simplicity where “guests feel incredibly connected with our destination and the local way of life”. Then look no further. The Youngtown Inn Restaurant offers elegant dining in gracious surroundings. Chef/owner Manuel Mercier draws upon his French heritage and European training to create an array of traditionally prepared dishes. Your hosts are extremely proud and grateful to have been reviewed and featured in local as well as national publications. A seasonally-changing dinner menu is supplemented with daily special offerings which take advantage of the freshest available ingredients. Lobster ravioli, rack of lamb and creme brulee have been the theme for many culinary writers. Along with delicious cuisine, the Inn offers a full bar and extensive wine list including "by-the-glass" selections.
Reviewed June 3, 2018

This is definitely one of the best restaurants on Maine's midcoast. A fantastic place for an intimate family dinner, or a romantic dinner for two. With a French flair, the chef creates scrumptious dishes which are beautifully presented The atmosphere is just lovely, and the staff is gracious and attentive. The bar area is a very cozy and an inviting space to enjoy their excellent selection of wine and cocktails.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

This is our "go to" restaurant when we want to relax and have a totally satisfying meal and experience, and Mother's Day was delightful! From the moment you enter the door you feel like you are being welcomed into the home of old friends. The attention to detail with the service, menu, wine selection and decor is exceptional, but without the pretensions of too many fine dining restaurants. And, the short drive from Camden (10 minutes) is a stunningly scenic drive past Lake Megunticook. Thanks for another delicious meal and experience!

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to celebrate his birthday with a delicious meal. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly by the owner and seated at a beautiful table decorated with fresh tulips. There was a large selection of wine to choose from and many delicious options on the menu for dinner. We chose the pre-fixed menu and were delighted with our choices. My favorite choice was the ravioli and my boyfriend was very impressed with his rack of lamb. Chocolate soufflés to finish off our meal made our night. Delicious! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This place is right up my alley. I had a most civilized Easter lunch/early dinner at this wonderful Inn. I had reserved the first seating at 1:30 P.M. and it appeared that the restaurant was already full when I arrived, the dining room was lively but subdued. I was greeted warmly by MaryAnn (co-owner) who is married to Manuel, the Chef and other co-owner. The decor is country French, very charming. My table was on the enclosed porch and I was very happy with the arrangement. The tables had fresh flowers and small lit oil lamps which gave off a cozy glow. I believe that there is a bar area and fireplace; however, I didn't venture over to see it. I was so full after my meal that I couldn't think of having an after dinner drink.

I couldn't have been happier with my dinner choices. Everything was delicieux! I had escargot as a starter, garlicky, buttery and wonderful. I was then served a small salad with shaved parmesan and vinaigrette. The third course was a very tender sliced duck with cherry port sauce, spring vegetables and roasted potatoes. I chose the lemon meringue pie for dessert, I was delighted to see it on the menu. I would have chosen the souffle but it wasn't offered. The lemon meringue was a wonderful substitution and hit the spot.

I really enjoyed my meal and hope to go back soon. Sadly, Maryann told me that after many years of owning the Inn, her and her husband are retiring and the Inn is up for sale. I hope that they find a buyer soon so that they can start enjoying the next phase of their lives but I would hate to think that someone would make changes to this already perfect little slice of heaven.

Anyway, life goes on. The meal came to 80.00 before tip and that included two lovely Kir Royales. Well worth it. There were other little touches that made the experience special, small carrot chocolate candies on each plate, mini cupcakes that came after dinner, hot rolls etc. Many choices on the prix fix menu and it seemed that everyone enjoyed theirs. The waitstaff was very pleasant and efficient. I really miss these types of restaurants. It is apparent that the focus at Youngtown Inn is to provide a memorable dining experience and they really hit the nail on the head!

Reviewed February 23, 2018

It's wonderful to be at the Youngtown Inn. It's a handsome building, with comfortable rooms -- but the two owners make it truly special. MaryAnn runs the front of the house -- attending to every detail with passion and meticulous attention. Manuel is a classically trained French chef, and the restaurant shows off his talents -- not just for dinner, but also for the inn's first-class breakfasts.
This place has the warmth of a bed and breakfast, with the sophistication of a small inn. It's beautifully located -- convenient to Camden, but out in the countryside, near a spectacular lake.
This is a wonderful place - from start to finish.