“Perfect Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Lincolnville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for a more personalized, unique, boutique style experience, simplicity where “guests feel incredibly connected with our destination and the local way of life”. Then look no further. The Youngtown Inn Restaurant offers elegant dining in gracious surroundings. Chef/owner Manuel Mercier draws upon his French heritage and European training to create an array of traditionally prepared dishes. Your hosts are extremely proud and grateful to have been reviewed and featured in local as well as national publications. A seasonally-changing dinner menu is supplemented with daily special offerings which take advantage of the freshest available ingredients. Lobster ravioli, rack of lamb and creme brulee have been the theme for many culinary writers. Along with delicious cuisine, the Inn offers a full bar and extensive wine list including "by-the-glass" selections.
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to celebrate his birthday with a delicious meal. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly by the owner and seated at a beautiful table decorated with fresh tulips. There was a large selection of wine to choose from and many delicious options on the menu for dinner. We chose the pre-fixed menu and were delighted with our choices. My favorite choice was the ravioli and my boyfriend was very impressed with his rack of lamb. Chocolate soufflés to finish off our meal made our night. Delicious! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This place is right up my alley. I had a most civilized Easter lunch/early dinner at this wonderful Inn. I had reserved the first seating at 1:30 P.M. and it appeared that the restaurant was already full when I arrived, the dining room was lively but subdued. I was greeted warmly by MaryAnn (co-owner) who is married to Manuel, the Chef and other co-owner. The decor is country French, very charming. My table was on the enclosed porch and I was very happy with the arrangement. The tables had fresh flowers and small lit oil lamps which gave off a cozy glow. I believe that there is a bar area and fireplace; however, I didn't venture over to see it. I was so full after my meal that I couldn't think of having an after dinner drink.

I couldn't have been happier with my dinner choices. Everything was delicieux! I had escargot as a starter, garlicky, buttery and wonderful. I was then served a small salad with shaved parmesan and vinaigrette. The third course was a very tender sliced duck with cherry port sauce, spring vegetables and roasted potatoes. I chose the lemon meringue pie for dessert, I was delighted to see it on the menu. I would have chosen the souffle but it wasn't offered. The lemon meringue was a wonderful substitution and hit the spot.

I really enjoyed my meal and hope to go back soon. Sadly, Maryann told me that after many years of owning the Inn, her and her husband are retiring and the Inn is up for sale. I hope that they find a buyer soon so that they can start enjoying the next phase of their lives but I would hate to think that someone would make changes to this already perfect little slice of heaven.

Anyway, life goes on. The meal came to 80.00 before tip and that included two lovely Kir Royales. Well worth it. There were other little touches that made the experience special, small carrot chocolate candies on each plate, mini cupcakes that came after dinner, hot rolls etc. Many choices on the prix fix menu and it seemed that everyone enjoyed theirs. The waitstaff was very pleasant and efficient. I really miss these types of restaurants. It is apparent that the focus at Youngtown Inn is to provide a memorable dining experience and they really hit the nail on the head!

Reviewed February 23, 2018

It's wonderful to be at the Youngtown Inn. It's a handsome building, with comfortable rooms -- but the two owners make it truly special. MaryAnn runs the front of the house -- attending to every detail with passion and meticulous attention. Manuel is a classically trained French chef, and the restaurant shows off his talents -- not just for dinner, but also for the inn's first-class breakfasts.
This place has the warmth of a bed and breakfast, with the sophistication of a small inn. It's beautifully located -- convenient to Camden, but out in the countryside, near a spectacular lake.
This is a wonderful place - from start to finish.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

We decided at last minute to take my husband’s sister to Youngtown Inn Lincolnville Maine for an overnight stay and dinner. She was thrilled with the country charm, wine, and food as well as the surroundings. She is from Chicago and to her this was one of the best places she has encountered in many years. We have known for many years how fortunate we are to have such a place to escape to for relaxation and with great cuisine (both dinner & breakfast). The owners are Manual (an excellent French chef) and his charming wife Maryann who always greet you with enthusiasm. They also have a golden retriever who loves people by the name of Maverick. The rooms are lovely and cookies & coffee are available in the afternoon for guests. If you need anything all you need to do is ask. They are happy to oblige and want your stay to be a pleasant one. Don’t miss an opportunity to stay here visiting Maine. It is well worth the drive!

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Driving out of Camden toward Lincolnville and the Youngtown Inn you drive along the beautiful island studded Megunticook Lake at the base of the rugged hills and cliffs that abound in the area. Then you come to the Youngtown Inn. A beautiful and classic New England inn owned and run by Maryanne and Manuel Mercier. From the cozy little bar with the crackling fireplace to the intimate dining rooms you will not be disappointed. Maryanne will immediately make you feel welcomed and cared for while Manuel is the Chef that creates a truly excellent menu of delights that makes this an experience that romantic couples must seek out. It is a fabulous place to pair wine with your dinner because of their wide selection of wines.