“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Inn at Ocean's Edge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lincolnville
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

This lovely hotel is set between Lincolnville and Camden.

A long winding drive takes you to the hotel itself. The hotel has the feeling of a genteel New England Home. From the moment you walk through the door you feel welcome. The staff actually seem pleased that you've chosen to stay here.

Our room was beautiful. A large bed, a seating area and even a whirlpool bath. The bathroom itself was nicely provisioned and like the room was spotlessly clean. This together with a lovely view across manicured lawns and well tended gardens, down to the ocean.

The breakfasts were excellent, none of the look-warm food left on the side that you get at other hotels. There was a cold buffet with plenty of choice from fresh fruit, cereal and even cake. The dining room staff then take your prepared breakfast order, this includes a daily special or omelets however you like them or the more usual bacon, sausage, egg etc.

In the afternoon there is even coffee and fresh cookies left for you.

Every little detail is thought of at this hotel, I cannot recommend it enough. If I'm ever back in this are there is no doubt where I'll be staying.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Camden, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed at Inn at Ocean's Edge for a little one night getaway from our usual busy lives - we live close but we needed a break, and this was perfect! It made us feel we were far away even though we were more or less just up the road. What a fabulous place! The grounds are just amazing : expansive, beautiful landscaping, birch trees between the fresh green of the lawns and grasses and the blue of the bay. And of course the pool and it's luxurious lounge chairs! We came in part because of the pool, and we weren't disappointed. At first we thought it looked smaller than on the website, but actually it was plenty big enough to swim laps, and the temperature - 80-82 - was perfect. We got there on a 75 degree afternoon, but it was breezy and became partly cloudy, so it was nice to have the hot tub right after our swim especially since the pool is in the shade in the late afternoon. It was also wonderful to have beach access ( a rocky beach), a small gym (three cardio machines), and all these thoughtfully appointed common areas, with towels and water bottles everywhere, fire places inside and out, common-use fridges, and honor system drink options by the pool house and in the grand room. We had booked a standard King room, not an ocean view room, but we still had a nice view (other hotels might have classified it as at least partial ocean view) and were just a few steps from the gym and the exit to the garden and pool area. The room was beautiful: spacious, with a comfy bed, nice sheets, hot tub and fire place, robes, nice shower products, and a decent sized bathroom. The only imperfection was the lack of a coffee maker in the room, but instead there was coffee until almost 9 in the breakfast area, and when I asked the night desk person about possible coffee after we returned from dinner, she made me a whole carafe of decaf which waited for me in our room on our return. Very sweet. We understand the lack of fridges and microwaves in the guest rooms - the rooms are too beautiful to encourage people to have picnics in them, and it's fine to share a common fridge. But it would've been great had there been a microwave too - to heat up leftover coffee or a heat pad for sore backs etc. One other issue was internet access, which was unavailable late night and most of the morning, probably through no fault of the hotel's ( they did offer two networks to connect to). But it did work part of the time, and our verizon cell phones worked fine as well. We know that area of route 1 can be spotty when it comes to phone and internet service, so it might not be the hotel's fault. We used our iPhones for important email, and otherwise just got to relax more!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NubbleSK
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked 3 nights at the Inn at Oceans Edge, and we were highly impressed with the property and our stay. You drive down a windy road to a main house, where you check in. We also stayed in the main house and our room had a gorgeous ocean view of Penobscot Bay. We went down to swim in the gorgeous infinity pool (although they heat it, it was a bit cool) and then for a relaxing soak in the sauna. The property has beautiful lounge chairs at poolside and down by the treeline. There is a set of stairs leading down to the rocky shore and our first night, at 4:45 we walked down to watch the sunrise. It was MAJESTIC and I HIGHLY recommend you do it. You are in the town of Lincolnville, and this town is romantic. You are close the the Maine State Park for a drive to Mt Battie with 360 degree views and close to other lakes and trails. Camden is a 5 minute drive and Bar Harbor and Acadia Ntl. Park are 1&1/2 hour North. The Breakfast was always stunning. Fresh daily specials or always eggs anyway you prefer. The quality of food and service was impeccable. I have stayed up and down the Maine coast, even at the White Barn Inn, and this was really a stellar place to stay. The only downside is no restaurant for dinner. Also, the WiFI wasn't working well, and the beds are a bit too soft in the mattress, so my back was a bit sore. The fridge for alcohol was never refilled during our stay. Otherwise, don't let that stop you. Bring a bottle for yourselves and enjoy it at the water's edge. One word to the wise: BRING MOSQUITO REPELLANT! Everywhere in Maine it's bug time. Hiking, the Beach, etc..

Room Tip: I would suggest the Maine House with ocean views hands down
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mozart15
Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Wow. Will definitely be back. Everything wonderful. Staff especially Ashleigh incredibly nice. We had a deluxe hillside room and it was great. Very large room with fireplace, jacuzzi for 2, deck. Windows could use a better window treatment - only had simple shades. When we entered the room there was a bottle of champagne chilling with chocolate covered strawberries and an incredibly beautiful boquet of flowers - all arranged by my husband. The grounds are gorgous. Very well maintained. But the best is the infinity pool and the entire pool area. Hot tub, pool room with bathrooms and fridges stocked with sodas, beer, etc. Outdoor fireplace that we used one night. Had it all to ourselves. Honor bar in main inn as well as at pool area. Yummy breakfast every morning. Wish they had lunch or at least some fruit/snacks at the pool area. Loved every minute of our stay. Wish we could have stayed longer. This is a sister property to Migis Lodge also in Maine where we honeymooned. If you have never been - go! You can tell the owners pay attention to detail and the finer things their guests want.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms in Hillside are corner units but you have to hike up and down to main inn and pool area...
1 Thank kathy m
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Simply one of the loveliest hotels I have ever stayed in. From the friendly greeting at the front desk, to the tour of the property, the amenities are non-stop. Luxurious accommodations, spa tub for two in the room, honor bar, scrumptious breakfast (on the deck or in the sunny dining room), coffee and cookies in the afternoon, heated infinity pool, hot tub, luxurious pool house, outdoor fireplace, breathtaking ocean views. And above all.....peace and tranquility. We barely left the property. We spent most of the last three days going from pool...to hot tub....and back. A short 5 minute drive to Camden for a bite to eat.....and it was back for more hot tub time. I will definitely plan on going back sooner rather than later. A special note about the staff. I never passed a staff member that didn't go out of their way to say hello, offer advice on things to do, make conversation, and above all give us a great big smile. Everyone was smiling and friendly. The ownership and management should be very proud they have such a great staff. I imagine they have a lot of repeat customers. I will be one of them. Thanks for providing me with a much needed respite from my busy life. I'm restored and rejuvenated. Until next time!

2 Thank _Tina_Bal
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

My Husband and I went to Inn at Ocean's Edge this year to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. We absolutely LOVE this place ! The staff is phenomenal, from the moment you walk in you are spoiled, by the friendly check in, the Wonderful breakfasts ( makes me wish they had lunch and dinners too !) and suggestions for the day and evenings. The rooms are Beautiful and the views of the bay are my favorite . We vacation in May so the Inn and the towns are just getting ready for a new season, I enjoy the Hot tub and the cool pool. Two years down and my husband and I hope to have fifty more anniversaries at the Inn !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meekow
Plymouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is perhaps an awkward way to start a review. Made more awkward still by the fact that as you can see I filled in five, count them five, green circles. This makes my overall rating defined as Excellent.
At this point you may ask yourself, but she never even stayed there? What basis does she have to justify her comments? Without the total experience how can one be so bold as to write a review?
Your'e right. But I had to write a review because sometimes in life you are compelled to do the right thing even if you never actually did the thing that you were supposedly right about doing that led you to be right. Got it?
Are you still with me? That's good, because if you drive up and enter through the doors at The Inn at Ocean's Edge and are fortunate enough to work with a member of their staff, Ashley, it will become perfectly clear what I am talking about.
As my husband and I were tooling around Maine he enthusiastically proclaimed "Hey! Since we are so close to Art's place we should pop over. You know how he is always bugging us to come down for dinner, cocktails, and to spend the night. So lets do it! Lets do it for old times sake. Why I haven't seen him since our ten year fraternity get together." I envisioned my self sleeping on the sofa while the "boys" stayed up, drank a few beers, and shared fraternity life stories. I needed to step into action. We continued to drive when I said "Please turn in here!" My husband made a quick left turn into The Inn at Oceans Edge. Jumping out of the car, leaving my husband behind, I looked back and said "I'll be right back."
I entered through the front doors into a transforming experience. Light classical music was playing and a whisper of a scent immediately made you feel as if had arrived back to a place from a long absence. You felt as if you were meant to be there.
I looked over and noticed Ashley in the reception area. I inquired about openings and rates for that very evening. I explained that my husband and I were just enjoying the area and thought we might stay. Not the complete truth but not a complete lie either.
I then came clean with Ashley what my motives were. I wanted to stay at The Inn at Oceans Edge but I needed her help in convincing my husband. Minutes later I was back at the car waiting for passenger side window to open while my husband completed a phone call. I immediately began to share that "I had just quickly asked if there were any rooms available? To my surprise there were! Ashley had even offered us a tour of the property and show us our room! Come on! Lets go!" I didn't wait for his reply as I turned and started to head back to The Inn.
My husband joined me for a wonderful tour of the grounds. Seeing the ocean, the heated outdoor infinity pool perfectly placed for a complete ocean view. With fires to be lit and a hot tub inviting us we then went inside and upstairs to our grand room. A room that fulfills every one of your senses on so many levels. We had concluded our tour and in unison commented on what a beautiful place it was, down to the last detail. My husband excused us and held my arm as we left and turned toward the car. My husband stopped and thanked me for introducing him to such a fantastic place. However, while I was first speaking with Ashley, he had a conversation with Art and promised that were on our way and we were really looking forward to spending some time with him. Dejected, I realized a promise is a promise. With this in mind I joined my husband on our trip to visit Art. On the drive there, my husband turned to me and said " I promise you that the very next trip this way in June we will be staying at The Inn at Ocean's Edge and that he couldn't wait.
By the way, it turned out that Art is a fantastic cook, had a lovely guest room with a king sized bed, and is a magnificent storyteller. June will be here before I know it and I am looking forward to the infinity pool with the ocean view. Maybe even a fire? After all,a promise is a promise.
If you have some time, make a promise to yourself to enjoy life fully. Contact Ashley and book a room at The Inn at Oceans Edge and remember a promise is a promise. Thanks Ashley and see you soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Elizabeth K
Migis-Hotels, Manager at Inn at Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for stopping in, and for taking the time to share your experience! We feel fortunate to have such an attentive Guest Services Staff…and Ashley is a gem for sure. We look forward to welcoming you in June, and wish you a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Island View Inn
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport
16 Bay View
16 Bay View
#2 of 10 in Camden

Been to Inn at Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!