My husband and I stayed here for three nights in August 2011 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Friends of ours recommended this place because they knew we were looking for a beautiful, private, quiet setting and this resort claims "...perfect for that special occasion, honeymoon or romantic getaway."
First, let me say that the gardens and landscaping were absolutely beautiful and we enjoyed the infinity pool and the hot tub at night. We also enjoyed breakfast at the Edge each morning and our dinners the one night we ate there. Our waitress was lovely.
We chose to splurge since this was our 30th and booked the expensive poolroom suite. On the positive side, we loved the casual elegance of the room, the spaciousness of the suite, sipping coffee on the balcony, relaxing in the tub, and the view.
What we didn't like, and the reason I gave this place a 4 (it would have only gotten a 3 if I had written this right after the stay, but time as softened me) was the lack of peace I felt being located so close to the pool which is right outside of the suite. It just so happened a large group of family was staying at the same time and their kids were yelling in the pool (the way kids do when swimming) for hours. The resort states on its website" "The Inn is a non-smoking property, cannot accommodate pets and is appropriate for children 14 and older. We ask that children under 14 be accompanied by an adult at all times and are mindful of other guests' desire to relax." Luckily, we had one rainy day, hence, a quiet, serene one.
When I voiced my concern at the front desk, I was given a shrug and was told there was nothing that could be done about it. When I booked this room, I was told it was very private and had it been during the winter months, it probably would have, but not true in the summer. I love kids, work in a public school from Sept-June but expected a quiet vacation, filled with rest and relaxation when I booked this suite. A little sympathy, not a shrug, would have been nice. I decided to write this so someone else with similar expectations can make an informed decision about whether or not to choose the poolhouse suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Western shore of picturesque Penobscot Bay, The Inn at Ocean's Edge is a serene retreat ideally located within minutes of Camden Village with its quaint shops and bustling harbor, Belfast with its vibrant artist colony, and Lincolnville with its sandy beach and ferry to Islesboro. Featuring stunning views of Penobscot Bay and an oceanview Infinity pool & spa, the Inn At Ocean's Edge is perfect for romantic getaways and as a stop-over on your way to Maine's northern destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Inn at Ocean's Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Ocean`s Edge Hotel Lincolnville
- Hotel At Oceans Edge
- At Oceans Edge Lincolnville
- Inn At Ocean's Edge Maine/Lincolnville