We hadn't expected the motel to be so far from Camden, but it wasn't really an issue as I booked on the basis that price rather than location was more important. The motel has curb appeal and looks well maintained. We received a warm welcome and lots and lots of information and brochures (and a hard sell on some activities) so getting to our room took rather longer than expected. However, the information was very useful and helped us decide on what to do with our limited time in the area. The room was spotless, nice smelling, and nicely furnished. Bathroom was fine, though a little more dated. The road is busy during the day, but there was little or no traffic noise at night. A good nights sleep in a comfy bed. Breakfast was good, Christine is an excellent baker, with lots of choice of home baked goods, good job we weren't watching our waist lines. Bikes were hired from one of the companies recommended by Christine and Ed rang and reserved them for us and we received a special rate and other extras. They do go the extra mile and whilst the hard sell of the ethos Mount Battie Inn and their relationships with other companies is a little too much' in your face' for a reserved Brit, they are passionate about their business and want people to enjoy the experience and return. Would we? Yes, if price (and value) was the criteria and not location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mount Battie overlooks Penobscot Bay just north of Camden, Maine. Rooms are immaculate, cleaned with organic cleaners and carefully decorated and furnished and can accommodate a variety of guest needs. Sleeping configurations are: one king, one queen, two doubles and two queens with pullout. For larger parties, there is a two bedroom, two bath suite that sleeps five. In-room refrigerator, coffee/tea, free Wi-Fi, chocolates, phone, color cable TV. The grounds contain a nature walking trail, gazebo with living room furniture & candles at night, fire-pit deck with benches & B-B-Q, Pergola with dining table & chairs all softly lit at night time. Centrally located near the beach, boat dock, hiking trails, scenic overlook, winery, lighthouses, shopping, museums, opera house & ferry to nearby islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mount Battie Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Battie Hotel Lincolnville
- Mount Battie Lincolnville
- Mount Battie Motel Maine/Lincolnville