“they use the whole clam, you pay for the view”

McLaughlin's Lobster Shack
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Lincolnville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A very nice setting. My wife's clam chowder contained a few pieces of the steamers' "foot", my clam roll had the other parts, mainly batter, on a hamburger roll, and we shared a 20oz soda. $21.83. Maybe this is what they get from the tourist trade, but Tracy's seafood near Acadia sells packed lobster rolls 2 for $10, and is doing just fine.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

McLaughlin's offers casual Downeast Maine dining at its best. No frills fried seafood, boiled lobster and steamed clams on paper plates eaten at picnic tables. How could you go wrong?

The place is simply decorated and most tables are within sight of the Islesboro Ferry. The sound of the gulls and the scent of the sea are intoxicating and add to the charm of the location.

I had lunch here three times last week. On one occasion, I ordered the seafood tacos. Delicately battered and fried white fish on soft tacos with lettuce, mango salsa, and chilies. Delicious!!! I had a burger and onion rings on another visit and fish and chips on a third. Batter is light and seafood is really fresh. My food was good every time.

Food is made to order and the place is busy, so there is generally a wait for your food. I heartily recommend this place.

2  Thank redeco
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We came here after my son had been playing at the beach. We just had grilled cheese, fries & Gifford's ice cream, but it was yummy! The staff was so accommodating, and we had a very relaxed late lunch. We'll definitely be back the next time we're in the area.

1  Thank zsmom2000
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We usually get to the Maine coast at least once each summer, frequently to Lincolnville Beach. There are several eating establishments in the area that we have dined at, but McLaughlin's is my reliable fall-back choice when I want simple, fresh, inexpensive seafood.

2  Thank Tim F
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice spot, menu looks like it has options but on further review very limited even for a lobster shack, staff nice, worst clam chowder I have ever had could not finish, lobsters were done right, that's it, over priced for what it is.