“More than we expected”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lincolnville
Salem, New Hampshire
“More than we expected”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Glenmoor by the Sea...It was a wonderful experience.
We stayed in the St. Andrews House, having bought a package from living social, The goody bag was just that!!!! More than they promised, we were pleasantly surprised. The room too was more than described on the web site...And the complimentary continental breakfast incredible...The home made pastries were fabulous. We will be back! Again, thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank amcmom2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Ukiah, CA
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed a first floor king suite in the St. Andrews House in Sept. Very quiet, even with occupants on the upper floor. Room was spotlessly clean (no musty smell) and the canopied king bed was luxurious. Flat screen TV, coffee-maker with ceramic mugs, a microwave and mini fridge, a sitting area with gorgeous views to the ocean, great water pressure in the shower.....it was just wonderful. We arrived in nearby Camden without room reservations and after checking out a couple of other places along Rt. 1, we drove into Glenmoor and were greeted by the very friendly staff (and two resident dogs). They were able to accomodate us for a two night stay and we couldn't have been more pleased with our room. It's a quick drive to Camden and is easy to find driving back in the dark, as it is very well lit. We loved our stay so much that we have already booked to return next Sept. for an entire week!

1 Thank packandunpack
London and Denver
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed one night in late September 2012 in a cottage on the water. Our rental cottage was tucked up against the trees in a fantastic location. I would give it 5 stars but the cottage itself is a tad sterile. If you don't mind a lack of charm, and really want an ocean view in a good town at a decent price, then Glenmoor is for you. I prefer more charm in my vacation rentals (ie, real hardwood vs. fake), but it was super clean, convenient and straightforward. We enjoyed the deck on the water. Can't beat that!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Coloma MI
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the St. Andrew suite with another couple. The rooms were clean and quaint. We enjoyed the grounds and walked down to the bay. Breakfast was wonderful ! Hot cinnamon rolls and pastries were DELICIOUS. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Nana4
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Walking into the lobby to register at the Glenmoor is a treat in itself. The aroma of fresh baked pastries waifs out of the kitchen as you are greeted by a friendly staff. The complimentary breakfast tastes as good as it smells. We stayed in one of the cottages overlooking the ocean, and the view was spectacular. The room was bright and extremely clean and the decor; updated and new. The cabins are situated on 12 beautiful acres of green well manicured lawn, with plenty of space to sit or play. You can choose a cabin to stay in or for less money choose a room at the motel unit at the top of the property. I'm glad we had the opportunity to be a guest of Glenmoor by the Sea and I'm looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Cabins on the oceanfront are the most expensive, cabins at the top of the property also have a view...
mass
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went off season and saved some money especially with a Living Social deal. Normally the prices can range $200-300 per night depending upon accommodations during high season and discounted in spring and fall. We had a first floor room at the St. Andrews House that had an ocean view. The room is very spacious and well decorated and does have a fireplace.

The grounds are very well maintained and have a variety of family friendly activities. Almost on the bay is 13 cottages that will provide more space if that is your need. The staff is responsive and they have a small continental breakfast available. They also have a complementary computer for your use.

Glenmoor is about 5 miles from Camden and about 12 miles from Rockland. Rockland has the Farnsworth Art Museum and it is worth the trip. Camden is more along the lines of quaint Maine coastal villages with pricy restaurants and gift shops with the usual assortment of stuff that I normally bypass.

For a money saving tip you can head down Route 1 towards Rockland for the usual collection of fast foods and casual dining. There is also a Hannaford's and Shaw's super markets on the way.

As a side note we had a "goody bag" that probably had $25 worth of items including a split of champagne and this was part of the Living Social promotion.

We live between Plymouth and New Bedford Ma. I could not believe the outrageous restaurant prices for seafood in Lincolnsville and Camden. Average quality and vastly over priced.

Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I decided to visit Maine in early October to experience the fall foliage that is so beautiful in that state. After looking around, I decided to pick Glenmoor by the Sea, because of its location, ratings, and the price.

I noticed on their website that they had a King Suite available for $159 per night. I called the office to inquire about this room and confirm the price. The nice lady at the other end answered all of the questions I had the room and the property; however she told me that the room was $199 per night. I then proceeded to ask her about the discrepancy, to which she responded that it must have been an error or something to that like. I thanked the lady for her time and told her that I would probably reserve online soon.

I was quite disappointed that the price was different, but I was willing to swallow that difference. I thought that I will give them like 30 minutes to fix the problem and then I’ll reserve because I really wanted this room and it was the only one left of that kind. After 30 min, I saw that the price was still $159 but I reserved anyway, expecting that the price would be adjusted at my arrival. I was willing to pay the $199 per night, but I just wanted to make sure that I got the room. Later that night I got a confirmation that my reservation was accepted. Today (one day later) I received an email from the reservation desk stating "Due to some confusion on our part we will be unable to honor your reservation at this time". And lo and behold the same room is now available online for $199

The hotel did not even have the decency to call me and explain that the reason they cancelled the reservation was because of the mistake in price. Had they called me and said that hey we messed up and can't give it to you for $159, can you take $199 instead? I would have said yes, because I understand the position they are in and I wanted to stay at this place. Instead they were unethical cowards who just made up a reason to cancel my reservation, in lieu of being honest and coming up with a mutually beneficial resolution. Really, all they had to do was give me a call instead of making up rubbish and sending it in an email.

I bet this is a great place to stay while in Maine. However, I will never conduct business with people who have no regard for being honest with their customers. The least you require of a hotel is it to be ethical (i.e. upholding, not favoring, honest) in their reservation practices. It has been my experience, that Glenmoor by the Sea is not one of these hotels.

Keep this in mind when you reserve with this property, as you cannot ever be sure that they have the intention of keeping the contract that you made with them.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank piw213
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnville
Inn at Ocean's Edge
#5 of 10 in Rockport
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Glenmoor by the Sea? Share your experiences!