“Equally outstanding the second time around”

Chez Michel Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Lincolnville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014

After a wonderful culinary experience a year ago I looked forward to returning and I was not disappointed. The service is reliably attentive and welcoming. I am a lover of pate and their rabbit pate is just delicious; their potato croquettes are perfect. But, it was the duck breast in peppercorn cream sauce that won my full admiration. In true French fashion, Chez Michel's sauces are superb and they have achieved that delicate balance of flavors that fully compliment each other. If I lived here I would be a regular. I will be back on my return visit next year.

There are newer reviews for Chez Michel Restaurant

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Chez Michel does the one thing most restaurants strive in vain for; consistent excellence. We have eaten there since Michel opened the doors, and an excellent meal is a given, period.
Seafood is always fresh, sauces are exceptional, and the traditional rabbit pate is unlike any other offered in the area. Trust me, I have tried many.
Local staff are well trained, knowledgeable and very efficient.
Tastes differ and expectations can disappoint. However, you will only have a bad dining experience here if you try. There is no better variety or quality food and atmosphere for your dining dollar in mid - coast Maine than Chez Michel.

1  Thank Capt-Dan-Alexander
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Closed in November so we didn't eat here this time but it's reliable fare and not too costly. It's close to the Inn so if you're lazy why not?

Reviewed October 15, 2013

One of the few restaurants in Lincolnville. Not sure what to expect but can honestly say it wasn't anything spectacular.
Service was good, waitress friendly and attentive.
Food was ok, and prices were a tad high for what you got.
Not sure I would rush back but than again everybody's entitled to an "off" day.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a casual, authentic Maine lobster house. Very nice people and fun atmosphere. The seafood chowder was the best I've had. We were a group of 10--fun place for a group. And the people there were so accommodating--we called them several times to pre-order lobsters, change the numbers in our party, and they could not have been nicer and more welcoming.