“Will Return Again!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A group of college friends went to Chez Michel with our friend who is a local. She raved about the food and she was not wrong! It was a busy Saturday evening but we had reservations which I would definitely recommend. Three of us had the Haddock Oscar (pan fried haddock topped with asparagus, lobster or crab and a light sauce served with potato croquettes) which as another reviewer said was to die for! My local friend has been going here for years and said the food is always excellent. On our next trip to the Camden area we will be back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been to this place twice since moving to Maine this summer. It's not cheap, not overpriced either, but it's worth it. They have THE BEST lobster stew I've ever had, and I've had a lot over the years. The pan fried halibut oscar with lobster on top and asparagus is to die for; I had it both times we went there. My husband had lobster fettuccine alfredo the first time we went - it wasn't on the menu but they made it for him and it was amazing. The second time, he had beef tenderloin with lobster, which was also amazing. Desserts are worth making the extra room. I highly recommend this restaurant, and hope to get there again before they close for the season.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The restaurant name implies "upscale and expensive": It is not...Is is moderatlly prices, very informal and very busy because they serve consistently good fpod and is recommended by most of the hotels in the area. They do prime rib on the weekend in addition to seafood and steaks on the menu. Be sure to call for reservations...We reelly enjoyed our meal and did not feel rushed in spite of the crowds Upstaire by the bar is a little less noisy. We would do a return visit here. .

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Was given a great referral from Christine & Ed from the Mount Battie Motel in Lincolnville. We had dinner at the Chez Michel twice... which was "not loud or noisy either time", but very relaxed with friendly waitress' taking our orders. We found the lobster dinner, and Haddock wonderful the first night and returned a few days later to enjoy the homemade French onion soup, mussels and prime rib dinner... all was so delicious that if we were locals we would definitely return and become regulars. Please give it a try.... and prices are posted outside.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We visited chez Michael without a booking and were shown to a table upstairs. I did not realise that it was next to an open window (with a plastic curtain) until I became really cold. The food, however, was good. The fisher and chowder was full of seafood and our seafood mains were delicious. The atmosphere was noisy and felt more like a bar than a restaurant.

1  Thank Fiona D