“Excellent meals”

Gillmor's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Two of us were pretty hungry after a day spent swimming and sunning at Baxter State Park. My companion, something of a local even though living 40 miles away, suggested Gillmor's (the correct spelling) and it was excellent. Totally unexpected quality in a fairly small town in central Maine.

Our side salads were quite good with fresh vegetables, although served with commercially prepared dressing in those plastic containers with the peel-back cover.

My lobster Alfredo was one of the very best meals I've ever had. Very creamy and cheesy. I was planning on asking for extra parmesan cheese when the meal arrived, but it smelled so good that I decided not to mess with the chef's work. Good decision on my part!

My companion had the stuffed haddock and was equally pleased with her meal. Neither of us had room for dessert.

If I lived in the area I'd make visiting Gillmor's a regular thing. They have daily specials such as Taco Tuesdays, and tall beers for the price of the regular size on Wednesdays.

My one issue is that you need to know that when your meal comes with "regular" sides, you will be charged extra if you order any of the so-called 'signature' sides. In our case, that was not mentioned by the server, and that really bugs me! I just hate to be surprised by an upcharge I find on the bill that I wasn't told about when ordering.

1  Thank its_jimc

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Food was very good, staff attentive and friendly, prices very reasonable. We were there twice, and everything was great on both visits.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had to visit Lincoln for medical appointments and had limited options for hotels, but were very pleased with our experience at Gilmore's. I would recommend having desert first!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We both had a good meal and the drinks were pretty good too. Prices were average or a touch high but not unreasonable. Dessert was very good

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Traveling home to Florida from Nova Scotia. It was getting dark and the only place with rooms available was Lincoln, Maine. Ended up eating at Gilmore's. it was average at best but the service was good. My suggestion is skip Lincoln altogether and further south on 95 if you can.

3  Thank nole38