Whitetail Inn
$65
$75
Pamola Motor Lodge(Millinocket)
$80
Baxter Park Inn(Millinocket)(Great Value!)
$130
$116
$90
Hotel Terrace and Restaurant(Millinocket)(Great Value!)
$80
$95
$89
$138
$124
$120
Travelocity
All reviewsfamily funeralshared bathflat screen tvold housea great place to staynext morningwould definitely stay here againbaxter state parkcomfortable bedglennunitbangorsink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Having passed through Lincoln several times on trips further north, I thought I knew all of the lodging options in the area. What a pleasant surprise to find the Whitetail Inn, a newly renovated farmhouse conveniently located near town. Our party of four stayed in rooms 10 & 11, with shared bath. Each large room was very comfortable, especially the plump, queen-sized beds. In the morning, we enjoyed coffee downstairs (self-serve Keurig) in the bright and stylish sitting room. Wifi reception was excellent throughout the house. We left without thoroughly checking for all of our belongings and sure enough, we had forgotten the camera. Glen, the owner, not only found it, but insisted on mailing it back no charge. Thanks Glen! We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JaynefromMaine
Glenn B, Guest Relations Manager at Whitetail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

It's always great to hear when a guest has a pleasant stay! If you took any great photos while here, consider posting them to our facebook page! See you again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

2 long days of work and travel ( 18 hrs each day) landed a co-worker and myself in Lincoln,ME at 10 PM on a Sat night with 3 places to choose from. One didn't take a specific credit card and the other was closed until the next morning! However the White Tail Inn had it's lights on and was ready to take a weary traveler. I was graciously greeted by the owner and settled in for the night. The rooms were clean and welcoming. They have what anyone would need for a night or a week, a single traveler to an entire family. When I checked out, Glenn showed me the rest of the place and told me about all the renovations. I travel for a living and stay in plenty of the " big name hotels". I'll take locally owned any day. I will certainly stay again If and when I am in the area........ Again, Thanks for being there!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank paul p
Glenn B, Public Relations Manager at Whitetail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

We're very happy you wandered on by. While we can't spend millions like our larger counterparts on a fancy slogan like "We'll keep the light on for you," we can still, and certainly do, continue to keep our lights on for our guests. Thank you for stopping by and we hope to see you in Lincoln again real soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Wow. i was on a business trip in Maine last week and decieded it was time to call it a day. I stopped at the first hotel I saw. Was i ever surprised! The owner, Glenn, actually walked up to my car to greet me, not even knowing if I was looking for a room yet. He is a very gracious man and proud of his recent rinovations. And h e should be.
How manyn times has the offer to see a room BEFORE you even ask. That's how Glenn does things. It took me about 2 seconds to sayyes after he opened the door.
My prioity has always been cleanliness, and this is one hotel that could pass the white glove test- literally.
He has regular motel like rooms, but he suggested I first take a look at his, what I call, more like a bed and breakfast atmosphere. An absolutely beautiful room.
And he pushes: "...and if you need anything, anything at all, you let me know".
The stay here turned my typical business trip into where I felt I was on vacation - at night anyway. If you are up in the Bangor , Maine area, I highly recommend this lovley place.I am actually looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: Try the upstairs in the attached big house first
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim C
Glenn B, Public Relations Manager at Whitetail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for those kind words. We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay. That is, after all, our number one priority - keeping guests like yourself happy and comfortable. Please do return when your travels bring you up to the Bangor, Maine area! We'll be happy to show you and more changes we make!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The owner was kind and gracious even at 1:00am when we arrived without reservations. The other hotel in town was closed with all the lights out and no attendant to be found. The Whitetail Inn had warm & welcoming lights and a homey atmosphere. The room was clean, quiet, comfy and warm - it was quite a nice find after being in the car for 30 hours. The towels were the softest and fluffiest that I have encountered anywhere. We will definitely make it a point to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vallahalla

We are very pleased you found us and our fluffy towels! After 30 hours of driving, we hope you found our new mattresses and comfy sheets as well! Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were travelling through Maine late at night and couldn't drive any further....we pulled over after midnight. The town looked completely black. The GPS directed us to Whitetail Inn where a light was still on. We couldn't have asked for a nicer welcome. The room was spotless and picture perfect. We will make it a habit of stopping in here on our future travels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tami M
Glenn B, Public Relations Manager at Whitetail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Life is full of pleasant little surprises and we're very pleased to be a part of one of them for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!