“Good Lunch”

Peppermill Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Limerick
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Wife and I went there for lunch yesterday. It was a little before noon and not crowded, so the waitress told us to sit where we wanted and she would follow. I had the pastrami and swiss on rye with the hand made chips. The sandwich was just the right size and delicious. The chips were tasty. The wife had seafood pasta. The seafood consisted of shrimp, scallops and crab meat. It was tossed with the pasta in garlic and olive oil. Very good. Just the right size for a lunch portion. For dessert, we both had the french silk pie. Outstanding.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The rustic furnishings and welcoming atmosphere sets the Peppermill Restaurant apart. We saw that as soon as we walked in the door. Peppermill shares a dedication to exceptional service, with a scratch kitchen providing generously portioned and quality food. I especially liked my over-stuffed omelet when we dropped in for breakfast, leaving Sokokis Lake long enough to grab a meal (the restaurant has a great view of the lake). When in Maine, eat seafood! Last Thursday, we enjoyed a baked stuffed haddock with crabmeat that was superb, made with Ritz crackers and lots of butter! The broiled sea scallops also had crackers and butter, and it too was great. The pricing here is great, with nothing over $18, with most items $12 and up. They feature nightly pricing specials, too (I didn't write them down, so you have to go to their website). From live music on the weekends, to sports-tuned televisions in The Mill Tavern, we found that entertainment combined with daily specials and an extensive “down home” menu at the Peppermill exceeded expectations! We like this place too much, and hope to see you there, as we plan to stay in the Limerick area until October.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The crab stuffing on the baked haddock was dried out and the fish portion was really thin. Salad bar was small but all of the ingredients were nice and fresh. The clam chowder on the salad bar was odd--the liquid was thickened, but there were very few clam pieces or potatoes in it. The baked potato was fine.
The service was attentive and the waitstaff pleasant.
This restaurant was much better when it was in a smaller venue. The food quality took a nosedive when it moved to larger quarters a few years ago.
Having said all that, I would give them another chance.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went to dinner over the weekend and ordered the baked shrimp stuffed with lobster entree. Nothing was said about it having a Ritz cracker and butter topping (which I detest). Soup and salad bar accompanied the meal. My partner had soup and there were no crackers and no server to ask. It seemed like they delivered the food and the check and that was all. Later, we did see another server refilling the crackers.

I received my food and started to add butter to my baked potatoe when a tall lady from the kitchen approached our table and said I received the wrong entree. Did you touch it? I said, "Just the potatoe." She took the plate away and then our server brought me the correct entree and said that the kitchen was always clearing up her mistakes. Odd, I thought.

As I was eating my food, I noticed that the shrimp still had their tails attached and they were baked into the casserole. I had to dig and search for the shrimp and take their tails off which made my dinner less of a nice meal and more of a search and destroy mission. At the end of the meal I asked the server to ask the kitchen to remove the tails the next time and she told me that someone in the morning preps the dinners and she must have forgot. Seriously? Bring me the wrong food, take it away and serve it to someone else and then make excuses for why the entree was not prepped properly?

I should say that was the last meal I will be having at that restaurant. Although it wasn't busy, these mistakes do not inspire confidence. Beware!!

1  Thank Geri Lynn S
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had 3 of the nightly specials, w/house wine and each dinner was very good, We all took doggie bags home.