“"Very spacious-very quiet".”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Lake Front Cottage

Lake
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Lake
inside
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

irishprid...
Salem, Massachusetts
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed May 29, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

So first off I booked the lake house I wanted after messaging the owner to make sure it was available and ask some questions, my fiancee and I were getting ready to head out the door to go and get a text from the lady whose property it is letting me know she made a mistake and had double booked the property and we couldn't go, which was horrible because I am a union carpenter currently building the casino in Everett ma. Working 10 and 12 hour days 6 and 7 days a week, this was the only weekend I had off 3 days at that for memorial day and wasn't able to go away. The owner was extremely prompt about canceling the reservation and denying the payment so I could get my refund asap to possibly be able to book something else last minute well trip advisor and flip key had different plans, I called flip key customer service and got an extremely rude man I explained to this man my issue and that I needed my money asap to be able to book another rental asap as this was the only weekend this summer that I will have off from work, he said my refund would be processed back to my pay pal account in full within 24 hrs,I had to explain to him repeatedly I did not have a pay pal account I had to go through as guest because PayPal was the only form of payment flip key accepts so my refund can not go to a PayPal account that i do not even have that it needed to be put back in my bank account where it came from to begin with, he told me he wasn't sure if it would go back to my account and if it did how long it would take said it could take up to 30 days, I said that's ridiculous I didn't cancel my trip it was cancelled on me I shouldn't be punished for that, i should receive my refund IMMEDIATLY seeing as how they take the money out of my account IMMEDIATLY when I book. I asked for a manager or supervisor after many snide and rude comments and remarks, and unanswered questions and not even so much as an apology for all of this and I was refused any type of higher up and told no one was there, I said you mean to tell me you came into work unsupervised and have no manager or supervisor, kept refusing to allow me to speak to one, so o advised him that I would be hanging up calling back and asking for a manager immediately and letting the manager know of the treatment I recieved and refusal to speak with the manager. In the interim of me calling back i recieved an email telling me that I would be recieveing a refund of $250.00 less then what I had paid, I called back this time got a female who was equally as rude and unprofessional, when I asked her to speak to a manager I could hear the gentlemen from the first call in the back round telling her to tell me there were no managers in,which she did, when I asked why I was having 250.00 taken out of the money I paid she said that is a security deposit for the property and will be refunded at a different time possibly weeks later, I said ma'am I've never stepped foot in this property it was cancelled on me why would you hold my money still knowing this? How does this policy even make sense, so not only did I get cancelled on, I'm getting refused a manager neither representative can even answer a simple question as to when exactly I will get my money back, not an apology from either one, but rude and snide comments and answers literally cutting me off and patronizing me purposly by repeating the same thing over and over that has no relevance to the question I asked but I explain this all in an email which whomever responded didn't even take the time to actually read the reply I got was I see you were able to resolve this issue with one of our representatives over the phone, ready assured action will be taken against the home owner, ARE YOU PEOPLE OKAY IN THE HEAD??? the owner was the only one trying to help me through this entire process, answered all my texts asap and was super apologetic even offered me a discount if i was to rent from her again. I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND AND NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE, so when I file a consumer 23 a, contact my local news, and contact some of my state reps whom my union hall helped during their campaigns and supported them and helped them get into office and tell them of my experience maybe then they'll actually listen and read what I say and rectify their mistakes!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED..... First time I ever used this site and absolutely the last and I will be sure to tell every family member and friend as well as all my social medias....

Reviewed May 22, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
May 23, 2017
Thanks for the nice review. We are glad you had a nice time and congratulations to your son. Lee
theodoret...
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Nice home in a laid back setting”
Reviewed February 19, 2017 for a stay in August 2016

This home resides in an unassuming town. Down the road from a low bush blueberry field. Kitchen has practically everything one needs. Upstairs room has many beds for a large group of children and/or adults. Downstairs bedrooms on 1st floor are decent. Water was very clear and the bonus is that they had boats we could utilize along with towels, which was convenient. House offers a decent view of the lake, which is a short jaunt to the water. Owners of the home are easy to get a hold of with questions.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed February 5, 2017 for a stay in August 2016

Maine
Reviewed August 29, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Bethel, Maine
Reviewed October 20, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Boonville, N.Y. USA
Reviewed August 17, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing