“very disappointed”

Super 8 Lewiston Auburn Area
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We booked this room through a discount site and like the previous reviewer mistakingly thought 2 stars would be decent. The room and hallway had a strong chemical odor that gave us a headache forcing us to sleep with the window open. The carpet was damp so my guess is they just shampooed it but the smell was so bad you could taste it. We had reserved the room for 2 nights and seriously had considered taking a loss and trying to find another hotel room but decided to stick it out in the end as we were basically just using the room for sleeping. Thankfully the smell got a little better the 2nd night. We wore our flipflops in the shower as it wasn't the cleanest , water drained very poorly and by the end of the shower you were ankle deep. This should not be rated a 2 star and should not be included on the discount site as even slightly "discounted" it was over priced. We were not expecting the "Hilton" but could have done much better for what we paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I don't know where to start!

I booked on a discount site, I mistakingly thought 2 stars was actually decent. Worst mistake of my life. I've stayed in many hotels over the years and this time folks, well I found one for Gordon Ramesay to fix in his new show "Hotel Hell"

The lobby stinks, the room stank like death, the beds were scary, didn't see any bed bugs, but I didn't want to get on my knees to stain my pants on the dark musty disgusting carpet. The pillows were paper thin, the toilet seat was unhinged, my daughter took a shower in the stained tub and even said the water stank, she told her sister to keep her mouth closed in the water.

The free breakfast gave my wife diarhea, man , this place is the worst ever! I would not go back there if you paid me.

Please don't go there.

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Clean and friendly, Great TV, and WiFi, average beds, and very Quite, I have been here 4 times and stayed 5 nights each trip, truly the best deal in the area, book it 2 or more days and save 15%. This week the tv wouldn't work and the replaced it within 5 min, Good location for food and supplies. Trust me book it, this is my job to rate Hotels and Apartments as a code enforcement officer. the other bad reviews I have seen about this place is they where expecting the Hilton for under half a bill, I mean really.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with the new cable boxes
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Booked this room as a one night stopover on the way up to Bar Harbor...it was overpriced and DISGUSTING. I actually got my air mattress out of my car, blew it up and slept on that, rather than sleeping on the beds. Cobwebs everywhere, holes in the sheets and comforters and pillows and pillowcases and curtains, I could go on. The bathroom wall had brown stains on it and the toilet seat was broken. We complained to the manager and he said that he couldn't do anything, it was a busy night and that this was one of his party rooms and couldn't give us anything else. The only redeeming factor was the breakfast in the morning. We needed some waffles to boost our morale after such a poor start to our vacation. Do NOT stay here, unless you have a haz-mat suit to sleep in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathryn G
Reviewed October 26, 2011

What a DUMP! Not only that, but they locked us out of our room twice during our stay, they could not get their computer system right. I had guarantee on my credit card, and they still could not figure out how to run it. The AC in my room never got cold, the one in my daughter's room never turned off, so they froze. The breakfast foods were out of date, looked like they had been pulled out of the trash at Walmart. The juice machine only dispensed warm yellow water, they watered the concentrate, and no one at the front desk spoke English. Unfortunately, they were not even cheap. Due to a reservation glitsch we had to stay there, and I know from experience there are less expensive properties in town.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We visited 3 rooms before picking one we liked. One of our rejects, a non-smoking room, was reeking cigarette. Hotel needs to be more serious about applying policy. AC was very loud but eventually settled down. Breakfast room very small (capacity of 12) but breakfast includes making your own waffle, which is a bit beyond the usual offering in many Super8 hotels.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

What a night. Asked for non-smoking room - it came with an ashtray onto which was affixed a 'non-smoking' sigh...hum...totally flat pillows. only stayed because it was 1 a.m. and didn't want to spend $110 to sleep at the Ramada across the road. Asked for extra pillows - never did get them. Pillows we had were extremely flat, we had to fold them in half. What a night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center
Center Street Value Inn
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Fireside Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn

Been to Super 8 Lewiston Auburn Area? Share your experiences!