“Small room”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lewiston
ROCKVILLE
“Small room”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

the room was extremely small.
The bathroom door could barely open, and the sink was OUTSIDE.
It was OUTSIDE.
I have never been to a hotel where the sink isn't in the bathroom.
It annoys me when you can't sleep because someone is using the mirror.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Ramada location was convenient to my extended family's home in Lewiston. The pool was refreshing and I liked the ambience of the pool area.

We took advantage of the dinner buffet. The price was very reasonable and there were enough choices to satisfy everyone in our party.

I stayed at this hotel last year when I attended a family funeral and was able to get a reservation on short notice. I was happy to learn that the business is owned locally. I found the staff to be friendly and accomodating on both occasions. This trip was to visit an elderly relative who had been hospitalized and again I was able to obtain a room with 24 hours notice.

I found the sound of the air conditioner to be a little loud for me but my travel companion wasn't disturbed by the sound and she had the bed closest to the unit.

We enjoyed a drink in the bar at night and listened to local Karaoke.

I was satisifed with the hotel, the staff and my experience and plan to stay there again when I'm in the area..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The bathrooms were hardly big enough to get dressed in, the only channel I wanted to watch on tv was frozen in the whole hotel and couldn't be fixed, the internet service barely worked most of the time, continental breakfast was not offered free of charge, the food in the restaurant was cold and they didn't even have an appropriate child's cup (they gave my 2 year old her drink in a coffee cup which can spill), an employee was rude to us at the gift shop, then charged us a dollar each for postcards (we bought 6). Other than all that, our favorite thing was having the pool and hot tub. For a family of six sharing two rooms, we swam every morning and night of our week stay. But for all the other annoyances, I think I can find a better hotel next time with a pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We picked this hotel because it was close to the airport for an early flight. Our alarm went off at 5 am as planned. Then 2 minutes later the fire alarm went off. Thank goodness we had set out our things the night before, we were able to gather the vital stuff and head down the stairwell with the other guests. As we went outside the fire department arrived and they did not look like they were in a hurry, so we surmised it was a drill or an accidental pull of the alarm. With in 20 minutes we were allowed back in. I felt kind of good, that we were able to pull it together even though it was a false alarm. Thanks Ramada.... this could be helpful in the future... :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

SAGAMORE HILLS
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Clean place. Good value for the money. Staff were nice. The pool was great. The dinner buffet was good for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

FREDERICTON
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The first night was very very noisy both in the halls and outside in the parking lot. This hotel I believe had a wedding reception going on and it was probably the people from that. The bed was like sleeping on a cement floor but the pillows were great. The rest of the room was average and clean. The reception people were also great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Camp, drive to one of Portlands many lovely hotels, rent a trailer -- anything! Just don't stay at this awful, depressing place.
I've come to the conclusion that Ramada is the Friendly's of the hotel business. History is washing them away. They were tacky but fine when they were new, and 40 years, 1000's of chain smoking guests, and no renovations later, they are old, ugly, and incredibly depressing.
The one in Lewiston is particularly bad. Hideous dark fake brick hallways and old carpets soaked with air freshener over cigarette smoke greets you on the way to your tired old room that looks like a bad set from the 70 's show. One of our mattresses was new and hard but fine, the other was a hammock. The coffee in the lobby in the am looked like dirty water and had about as much taste. I could go on and on, and alll this for $130 a night for two double beds. What a mind numbing waste of money.
Depressing, depressing depressing....No more Ramadas for us!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank EDYS3

Travelers are raving about these Lewiston hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Center Street Value Inn
Hampton Inn Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!