“clueless”

Gridiron Restaurant Sports Pub
Ranked #14 of 110 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had seen ads for a haddock basket for weeks. went one Saturday, and the waitress told me that wasn't a special. ordered a salad, waited forever, and it was mediocre. Next day, I see the ads for Gridiron haddock basket $5.99. If the waitstaff can't figure it out, how can a customer? Also, single diners should not be ignored.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have been here several times, always ordering seafood. It is always delicious at a great price. The service could use some work. If I had to guess, every server is between 18-22, female, attractive. I'm sure the guys watching the game(s) on the 1 million TV's likes that, but they are getting tips for their looks, so they don't bother trying to be very quick. Obviously, there are some that work hard and I tip accordingly. Definitely will return regardless because the pros outweigh the cons.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The service was horrible, the food was not bad but not good either, and over priced for what you get. I know it is Bar Food, and I was expecting Bar Food, but seriously how does one mess up a Burger? By cooking it into a Hockey Puck! I ordered it Rare and said cook it however Rare they can, I think they dropped it into the fire and pulled out a Charcoal Bricket (actually that would have tasted better). The kids ordered a Pizza and a Grilled Cheese, mine and my Husbands meals came out first, the kids had to wait over 15 min, and I finally had to go looking for the waitress to ask her if they where going to bring out the kids food. She was not to hard to find, she was flirting with guys at the Bar, but it was hard to get her attention. She then came out with the meals, but gave them to the wrong table, as she went to wander off I flagged her down and told her we where waiting for the meals. The Pizza tasted like Ketchup was used for the sauce, and was cold. The grilled cheese was also cold, and came with just a pickle. When asked if the sandwiches where suppose to come with fries she said she could put in an order. Those came after we had all finished eating, also cold, and they charged us for 3 side orders. I disputed the bill with the Hostess since our Waitress yet again, played the disappearing act and was told if we ordered them we had to pay for them. WE LEFT NO TIP!!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is currently my favourite restaurant. First with the pros:
Excellent food, you definitely get what you pay for and then some. Also the prices are very reasonable and they have some very cheap luncheon specials. If you're into sports they have giant tv's and are always playing football,basketball,hockey... Whatever you like. I've been to this restaurant multiple times and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food.
Now the cons:
The waitresses are usually cute girls that really seem clueless. Everytime I have visited it seems that we get a different waitress in disco pants or a mini skirt who keeps messing up the orders or forgets our table exists. It's not so bad that I wouldn't return don't get me wrong... They're friendly enough girls but really must have been hired for something other than their serving skills.
Also it can be extremely loud if you go in on a day when the patriots or any football is playing. So loud that you can't hear anyone speak at the table with you and the waitress gets all frazzled and can't hear us ordering. On other days, he sound wasn't an issue but it is a good restaurant to bring families so long as no big game Is on. They even have games like table hockey for the kids to play while you wait for your meal. Overall great place!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

GridIron is another place I frequent with co-workers and my husband. In fact, just had lunch there yesterday with a friend from work, and hubby and I are going tonight. The menu is quite varied, so burgers, sandwiches, salads, munchies, steaks, fish, pizza, even ribs are an option. Their specials are often very well priced, and in the vein of "comfort food" (yesterday's was fried haddock and hand-cut fries, 5.99 ... tasty & cheap!)

We've found that if we are going to have lunch here, we head out at 11:30 ... getting in before the noon rush makes a big difference! Service is faster, lunch comes out of kitchen faster and we can usually be out of there in less than 45 minutes. If you wait till noon or 1:00, be prepared to wait a bit.

Dinnertime is also busy, often times a line waiting for seating. Sometimes you can sneak a couple stools at the bar where the full menu is available.

Gridiron is very popular, so you won't often find it uncrowded; it is also ALWAYS loud here. Lots of tv's, and a "warehouse" feel to the building means all the noise just echoes and circulates, so a romantic date place this is not.