“fresh baked sin”

Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Lewiston
Maine
“fresh baked sin”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

As horrible as it may sound for me to say this, but forget prozac! Grant's baked goods can cheer me up and make a bad day seem like nothing with just a bite of any one of their desserts. I went in tonight with my kids, figuring they deserved a treat, and came home with a small cake for after dinner. I asked them what they thought after being handed plates and forks that were spotless. My 11 year old said it best, "From now on, we need to get the big cake. Or you can just see about buying extra frosting. So good."

Out of the mouth of babes as the old saying goes.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Keith J

“Grants is always good”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Grants does amazing things and the bakery items are SUPER! People are accommodating, helpful and happy. Nice place

Visited October 2012
1 Thank noreenl
Auburn, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this bakery!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Go here if you want the best cannoli you'll ever eat. I am a frequent customer of grant's and typically buy the beans and hotdogs on Saturday. Beans are to die for. Don't forget the rolls. Their bread is so doughy and amazing. I have never had anything that was short of perfection from this bakery. 5 stars!

1 Thank Chrisbekah1
Cincinnati
“Wedding cake!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

After a really sub-par wedding cake experience at a bakery closer to my venue, I visited Don at Grant's Bakery to get my wedding cake. I was a little unsure at first, because their big book of wedding cake ideas had pictures that were ALL from the 1980's, and they looked super dated. I didn't want the white pillar things, with the old school piping or anything, but I had brought a picture of what I wanted, and he said he could do that. Even with the hefty traveling fee for my Sunday wedding (they're not usually open on Sundays, and he had to travel a long way to deliver it), it was STILL cheaper than the bakeries in York, where my wedding was. He sent me home with some samples of kind of what I would be getting, and I left it in Don's hands. We got Don chocolate shells to decorate the cake with, plus our cake topper, and he delivered it promptly and in tact on the wedding, looking exactly like the picture I had given him. I had RAVE reviews (mine included) about how amazing the cake was, how different it was from the normal white cake (it was raspberry cake and chocolate cake separated by raspberry jam), and it was just what I wanted. My wedding venue unfortunately didn't put the chocolate shells on the guest's pieces of cake :(, and made the slices super small, but my dad contacted Grant's after our honeymoon, and they made a little round cake with the flavors and decorations of the wedding cake for us so we could have decent sized piece!! It was SO amazing, and affordable. Just don't be alarmed by the 80's pictures in the wedding book! Bring a picture of the cake you want, and Don will make it happen.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank LJ N
South Paris, Maine
“Well priced, and varity”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

They have a good selection of items. It all tastes great and ist fresh with a cheap to reasonable price.

Visited January 2012