“Food Always Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fish Bones American Grill

Fish Bones American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Bones American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street/ Rte 202
Description: Fish Bones American Grill offers casual upscale dining in downtown Lewiston, Maine. This modern dining destination is located in the renovated Bates Mill No. 6 building on Lincoln St. and conveniently serves Lewiston, Auburn and the central Maine community. Join us for lunch or dinner and see why people are calling us one of the best restaurants in the greater Lewiston/Auburn area. So why not give us a try and "Come get Hooked" !!!
Lewiston, Maine
“Food Always Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Food Always Excellent. Service always friendly and informed. The specials are especially "must not be missed".

“This is Lewiston?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was one of the comments from someone in our group. The wait-staff helped accommodate us at a large table, took their time with us and was in general helpful and pleasant. The food (I had the tuna sashimi salad) was excellent.
Having attended college in Lewiston many years ago it was surprising to find such an upscale place with such well prepared and presented dinners. I will return.

Portland, Maine
“Not worth the money...sad.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Two of us dined at Fishbones. They were out of Salmon but we wanted seafood so I ordered the Land & Sea. The sirloin steak was so tough I couldn't even swallow it. I had ordered it medium but after two bites, I left the rest on my plate and ate the green beans, two shrimp and two scallops. The cost for the entree was $23. Pretty expensive for poor quality steak. I was surprised when the waiter came by to take our plates away and saw that I had only taken a bite of my steak. he never even asked if something was wrong, just wisked it away. The cup of clam chowder and pumpkin creme brulee was average in flavor. So after a glass of wine, the entree, dessert and coffee for one person, the cost was $49.00. I love the atmosphere but the pricing is way off. $49.00 before a tip...for one person! So very disappointed. Other restaurants in the area serve a better quality steak. If we visit again, it would be only to have a glass of wine, but then again, why would I pay $7.00 for half a glass of wine in this economy? Simply not worth your hard earned money.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Isabelle539
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Restaurant in Lewiston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I love this restaurant. The menu is diverse, creative, thoughtful, and a good deal. I recommend the lobster flatbread pizza (goat cheese, greens, balsamic reduction) for only $10. The drinks are also very, very tasty, and the atmosphere of the restaurant is very cute and warm - exposed ceiling pipes, brick flooring, rustic wood. I would recommend sticking with the seafood dishes, though the steaks and chicken are quite yummy as well! You really can't go wrong.

Maine
“Classy seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Fishbones speacializes in seafood but has great dishes all around. Nice upscale atmosphere with fresh catches and east/west pairings of veggies and entrees.

Visited September 2012