“Very Family Oriented”
Review of Travel Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lewiston
Travel Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The manager tries her best to keep everyone comfortable andcontent. Her husband and herself try to keep everyone safe and are very considerate. I have been here since April 2011 and do not wish to be anywhere else. There is coffee in the mornings and I enjoy talking to Tammy and her family. Room was clean when I arrived and I have had no complaints about the hotel. The relaxed atmosphere at the hotel is wonderful to enjoy in such times as society is in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Avoid this place like the plague!
I wouldn't let my dog stay here. The hotel lobby smelled like rotting garbage. The hotel staff were nice people, but sorry, the room was awful. The heat barely worked, the TV didn't work at all, there was no free wifi as advertised. There were pictures missing from the walls, stains splattered about the walls, linens smelled dirty. The furniture in the room looked like it was from a junk yard. The door to the room was rotting at the bottom. The bathroom tub was filthy. I can deal with an older, outdated motel as long as it is nice and clean. But this place should be condemned by the board of health. After 15 minutes in the room, I packed up my stuff and left and found a room at another hotel. I didn't even care about spending more money. I just gad to get out of that dump.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank JimQBoston_MA
travelinn1968, General Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

during your stay we were in the process of a renovation we have been updating our rooms since January of 2011 including but not limited to our heating system and wi-fi ,we continue to update and make modifications based on our customer reviews and requests.

Reviewed January 26, 2011

This is my second time here for a long term stay. I have to say that I have seen many managers come and go. The managers we have now - Tammy and Jim Wilson, are the best managers we have had. They are caring and family oriented and work very hard to make everyone here comfortable. During the summer, they hosted several outdoor cookouts and get togethers at the pool, and I have to say that no other motel or managers would have done that for their guests. The owner comes here every week and is also a very pleasant and caring person. Anyone looking for an extended or short term stay, for the value, this is the place and Tammy and Jim will do everything to make you feel welcome and be comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

i wld not stay here ever again even if it was the last place 2 stay. they say there is room service n theres none u have 2 go to frnt desk 2 get mre toilet paper the rooms look nothing like the pics they need 2 update pics. i wldnt refer this place 2 ne1 i wld rather pay a few extra bucks 2 stay at motel 6 or 8. take my advice waist of money n very very cold rooms even wth heat at 80°.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Booked the place through http://www.travelinnlewiston.com/
The reservation did not reach the reception. Fortunately, we arrived early, before checked in time. Tammy at reception was able to get us a room for two nights.
The price is the best in town, at least according to Orbitz.com . The price was so much lower than any motel we could find in Portland and Freeport. It is hard to set high expectation. As long as the room is clean, that's all we hope for.

There was an disagreement between the rate on the web site and what was quoted by the lady. After showing the proof of reservation, Tammy happily honoured the lower price.
BTW, Tammy is very pleasant and helpful.

All rooms were listed as non-smoking. However, our room have the typical ordour of a smoking room. As we are both non-smoker, we were very sensitive to the scent of the room. Bought a bottle of fabric freshener (think Febreeze), spray about a quarter of bottle upon checking in.

LOCATION
Our Tom Tom GPS was off by about half a mile. Luckily the Inn was easy to notice during the day and night.

CLEANLINESS
Sheets were clean and odourless.
Bath room was recently updated, though not very professionally done.

ROOMS
Our room was one of the few w/o "Non-smoking" sign on the door. Majority of the rooms are labelled with NS sign.
Heater was not on. Tammy gave us another blanket.
The smoking odour was the biggest turn-off for us.
The fabric freshener helped a lot, but can't get them all. The mattress breathed whenever we turned. =(
The second night we came back, we had to respray fabric freshener.

SERVICE
We stayed for two nights, and received no room service.

VALUE
Most other motel/ hotels charge twice as much for weekend. Travel Inn does not.
Fridge
Microwave
TV

Closet
Hair dryer
Heater

SLEEP QUALITY
Poor -- we were very sensitive to the ordour.

BOTTOM LINE
Be sure to ask for a never been smoked before room.
This could end up being a great value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

this motel is run by a verry nice family,they are very pleasant ,the rooms are clean and comfortable ,we felt right at home .

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Stayed here for work recently. Manager was at the store when we arrived and left a note at the door with a number. He came right back when I called and realized the room still needed to be cleaned. We set up in the lobby area, ate our pizza and had a couple beers. They were done cleaning the room when we finished our dinner and we were given a discount for waiting. Like I said not the worst place I've stayed at and would recommend to anyone who's not looking for anything too fancy, but a good clean room to sleep in.